Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Directv Giveaway

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:14 PM

No, some folks have not had any unit delivered. Only the unit brough out by the installer. Majority are 40GB DTivos but not all.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   stevendsnyder

stevendsnyder

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,OH

Posted 04 February 2006 - 09:12 AM

I received mine on Wednesday via FedEx. An RCA DVR40. Since I was replacing an existing unit(old Sony SAT-B2), I hooked it up myself and cancelled the install date. So far, seems like a decent unit for the $15.00 shipping fee I had to pay.

#43 OFFLINE   crkeehn

crkeehn

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:05 AM

I am suspecting that the blowout is tied into the changes in the way DirecTV is handling equipment. Since they are changing to a leasing system, I would suspect that they are dumping all of their previous inventory that can't be leased and would just sit there. Whether that is the rationale or not, it is a great deal for us.

#44 OFFLINE   sickchuck

sickchuck

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:08 PM

I just order my 14.95$ special and got the error screen also. I just backed up a couple of screens and resubmited and it went thru fine.
Also on one of the pages it states the you must be home for the fedex driver, how false this is. thru my two r15 replacement deliveries all we got was a drop and run when we were home and saw the truck stop out front.
The boxes even had the d*tv logo on them clearly showing to the world what was sitting on our steps if we were not home.

#45 OFFLINE   bpatt

bpatt

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:19 PM

My order went through this morning finally with no problem. Now I'm just hoping it comes via FedEx and not by installer.

#46 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:54 PM

I just order my 14.95$ special and got the error screen also. I just backed up a couple of screens and resubmited and it went thru fine.
Also on one of the pages it states the you must be home for the fedex driver, how false this is. thru my two r15 replacement deliveries all we got was a drop and run when we were home and saw the truck stop out front.
The boxes even had the d*tv logo on them clearly showing to the world what was sitting on our steps if we were not home.

If you backed up and then it worked make sure you have an order confirmation number and make sure that shows up in "view order status" under my account. You should also have received an email right away.

The "backup and it works" error had meant the order didn't go through.

#47 OFFLINE   brykc14

brykc14

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:29 AM

I recieved order number after I ordered Friday but the shipping status says shipping Not Applicable when you look it up under info is says ....Not Applicable = Your order did not include a shipment. Did anyone else get this?
Directv 96-99 , Dish Network 99-01, Directv 01- Present

Phillps Series 1 Tivo 1999
Hughes HDR40 2004
R10 2005
R15 2006

#48 OFFLINE   crkeehn

crkeehn

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 12:24 PM

I recieved order number after I ordered Friday but the shipping status says shipping Not Applicable when you look it up under info is says ....Not Applicable = Your order did not include a shipment. Did anyone else get this?

When I ordered, the status showed up in my account as shipped. The following morning, the status had changed to not applicable. I called the customer service number and they gave me a tracking number, it had been shipped and was in the FedEx system, where it still is.

#49 OFFLINE   brykc14

brykc14

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:34 PM

Well I called this morning and they said it wasnt being shipped it was being brought by installer. Has anyone elses been brought by installer

Hughes HDR40 2004
R10 2005
R15 2006

#50 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:13 PM

Mine was shipped to me but I needed a couple of cable runs tweaked, so I didn't cancel the install. When the installer showed up, his work order said to bring a unit with him - work order was messed up. He had to cancel that work order.

Anyway, it could be that an installer is bringing it or it could be you will get it via FedEx or UPS and the work order wasn't written up right.

Is this going to be a swap out or an additional where cabling work may need to be done? That could have a bearing on how they set things up.

#51 OFFLINE   I8>DVR

I8>DVR

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:53 PM

Yeah when I first ordered mine it said "not applicable", then next day it said "shipped", then today it says "not applicable" again!! :hurah: The whole time is also said that installation was scheduled for this Friday!!! Who knows!!!??? On another BB I was reading people saying they had gotten both one delivered and one brought by an installer and hooked them both up!!!

#52 OFFLINE   John Duncan Yoyo

John Duncan Yoyo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 01:44 AM

Mine was shipped to me but I needed a couple of cable runs tweaked, so I didn't cancel the install. When the installer showed up, his work order said to bring a unit with him - work order was messed up. He had to cancel that work order.

Anyway, it could be that an installer is bringing it or it could be you will get it via FedEx or UPS and the work order wasn't written up right.

Is this going to be a swap out or an additional where cabling work may need to be done? That could have a bearing on how they set things up.

Lots of people are getting both a FedEx and an installer delivery. I'm beginning to wonder if the installers are hoping to clean out their backrooms on this as well. Just tell them to take it back and please hook up the one you already have.

#53 OFFLINE   brykc14

brykc14

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:09 AM

Well Im starting to think I'll get 2 also. I had emailed D* last night no answer so thats when I called this morning asking for the tracking number and thats when they said no tracking because it wasnt being ship it was being brought by installer. But this evening I got an answer to my email with the tracking number for fed x...they are so clueless..lol

Hughes HDR40 2004
R10 2005
R15 2006

#54 OFFLINE   outbackpaul

outbackpaul

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:38 PM

I just tried and it says invalid code. Also says that if I typed it in correct then it must have expired. Daggumit...

#55 OFFLINE   I8>DVR

I8>DVR

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:44 PM

Yeah when I first ordered mine it said "not applicable", then next day it said "shipped", then today it says "not applicable" again!! :hurah: The whole time is also said that installation was scheduled for this Friday!!! Who knows!!!??? On another BB I was reading people saying they had gotten both one delivered and one brought by an installer and hooked them both up!!!

Thought I would just add an update.. My order on the website still says installer coming on Friday and last night I got a phone confirmation for installation also. Today Fedex delivered a HDVR2 at my doorstep. Guess we will see what the installer brings Friday! :P

#56 OFFLINE   rrwantr

rrwantr

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:11 PM

Thought I would just add an update.. My order on the website still says installer coming on Friday and last night I got a phone confirmation for installation also. Today Fedex delivered a HDVR2 at my doorstep. Guess we will see what the installer brings Friday! :P

Well, I ordered one. Installer showed up today with a R15. He isntalled and left while I'm arueing to a CSR about no annual commitment. Finally, she says it's a mistake and will take it out. It's also noted in my account, so we'll see if it gets updated. Right now my account online says No annual commitment AND annual commitment. lol And what do you know, after all this Fedex shows up with a HDVR2. So....what should I do with this now?

#57 OFFLINE   rrwantr

rrwantr

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:13 PM

But these are all refurbished 40 GB HDD Tivo units and are drop shipped to the customer, with the installer coming later to do the install. I think we may be talking about two different things here.

Nope. See my post. Installer came and installed a R15. After he left, Fedex showed up with a HDVR2

#58 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:14 PM

My advice would be to return teh R15, and keep the HDVR2, and that way they cant claim you owe them a 2 year commitment. IF you keep the R15, their mistake or not, you should be required to adhere to a new 2 year commitment since you activated a new advanced receiver

#59 OFFLINE   rrwantr

rrwantr

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:15 PM

My advice would be to return teh R15, and keep the HDVR2, and that way they cant claim you owe them a 2 year commitment. IF you keep the R15, their mistake or not, you should be required to adhere to a new 2 year commitment since you activated a new advanced receiver

So what about the customers ONLY receiving a R15...

#60 OFFLINE   I8>DVR

I8>DVR

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:38 PM

Well installer showed up today with an R15 and hooked it up. I have the HDVR2 fedex brought still sitting in the box, he knew nothing about it... :lol:

Here is apparently an "official" take from DTV. I found this on the tivo message board , someone called DTV and they just said keep it!

"My R15 was 14.95 and the HDVR2 was free.
I was sent a HDVR2 and the installer had an R15. I had the R15 installed and was going to send the HDVR2 back. DTV was sending Fedex today to pick it up. While I was at work I wondered how much it would cost to purchase the HDVR2. So I called 800-824-9081 and asked the rep how much. She said there is no charge and I could keep the unit. I asked her 5 different ways if it was free and to make absolutely sure so the D* police don't come and get me. So free it is and now for the activation.

http://www.tivocommu...2&

what a deal! :hurah:

spam firewall