Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Less dupe recordings & Lockups ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bobman

Bobman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:09 PM

Not sure if it is just me or not but is anyone else noticing less and less duplicate recordings recently ? When I first got the R-15 I had to manually delete shows everyday and lately there have been none. I also have not had a lockup in about a week now and used to get them all the time. I even went into the to do list and history today and it almost always used to lockup when I did before and today was fine.

Maybe the guide data is being fixed or changed or something ?

Anyone else ?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   wohlfie

wohlfie

Godfather

• Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:19 PM

I have noticed improvements as well that I suspect are guide data related since there hasn't been an update.....

Most noticeably, I have only been geetting the 10:PM Daily Show ( I have it set to first run). I used to get all four each day!!!

#3 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:24 PM

:)
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   DesignDawg

DesignDawg

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:32 PM

:D

What does :D mean? I haven't noticed any real differenct, but for the record, for all the aggravation this thing has caused me, it has NEVER locked up on me.

Ricky

#5 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:46 PM

I have noticed improvements as well that I suspect are guide data related since there hasn't been an update.....

Most noticeably, I have only been geetting the 10:PM Daily Show ( I have it set to first run). I used to get all four each day!!!

DS is well know for playing with their guide data. Everything works fine for a few weeks and then new shows start showing up with the description (1999 - a Humorus Slant on ....) and you end up switching back to First Runs & Repeats in order to get the first runs. It's particularly bad when Jon gets back from one of his week or two vacations.

#6 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:37 PM

What does :D mean? I haven't noticed any real differenct, but for the record, for all the aggravation this thing has caused me, it has NEVER locked up on me.

Ricky

:D ment to be a smiley face... in relation to the post...
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#7 OFFLINE   Bobman

Bobman

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:51 AM

Another good morning. Woke up checked my R-15 and for over a week now no duplicate recordings. I do have 49 SL's so I would think I should have some if things were not getting better.

spam firewall