Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

VH1 Soul

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2002 - 07:19 PM

Is there any indication (a Dishplayer number) that Dish or DirecTV maybe interested in this channel?

If Viacom owns it, and Dish and DirecTV are in good terms with Viacom, havent seen a dispute yet with Viacom, how come the providers dont think about adding it?

I know there is little advertising or new programming for say on this channel, so Viacom probably doesnt care if the carriers carry it or not. And there are a DBS forum people that want PQ not new channel. But then personally I prefer the VH1 channels over Discovery channels, so where does one draw the line... If the channel is being offered cheap, I dont think Viacom is making providers pay alot for it, I think it would be a great addition.

Is BET on Jazz any good?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2002 - 08:11 PM

Id like to see VH-1 Soul and VH-1 County on E*. A county music channel w/o Miss Cleo imagine that? :P

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2002 - 12:38 PM

I am still waiting for MTV-X. We already have 2 country channels, but no 24 hour rock channels. MTV-2 plays too much hip hop.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2002 - 01:48 PM

I cant wait until E* adds MTVX, I like country but theres nothing like making your subwoofer really pound to the beat of Godsmack, ACDC or Metallica.

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2002 - 02:12 PM

I found out that VH1 network has a programming block on Mondays 10AM, I think, for VH1 Soul. Not bad. Better than MTV2.

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2002 - 06:38 AM

I would personally like to see VH1 Soul, VH1 Country, and MTV Hard Rock. I would like to get more information on the Independent Music Network too. It used to be on C-Band, but it is currently shut down and working on a relaunch for later this year.

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2002 - 11:15 PM

With my DirecTiVo I am able to tape Vh1 and MTV Soul music blocks and FF commercials. VH1 Soul comes on 10am-11am on VH1 and Friday. I like Jill Scott, India Arie, Sade, R. Kelly and some Misse Elliott, Eve, Aaliyah, Brandy.

They only show about 1 or 2 new videos per week, but I catch some more stuff on BET and other networks. I dont like hard-core rap. TiVo helps with FF for vidoes I've seen already or dont want to see. Even a 501 would work. I'm hoping Radio Shack wont carry certificates, but instead will have 501s, 721s in stock.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...