Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Was able to order 622

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   LongDukDong

LongDukDong

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:16 PM

I called this morning at 8:30 AM Pacific time and dialed for tech support. No wait time and the CSR was some located in the U.S. (I asked). He knew what the VIP 622 was and went through the details on the promotion which is called "Dishin it up". Thanks for the tip guys on calling a tech support CSR. The CSR didn't mention anything about a lease fee but I do have to pay $6.00 HD outlet fee since this is an additional receiver and not a replacement plus $5.98 DVR fee. He also mentioned that since this is a dual tuner receiver, it had to be connected to a phone line or they would charge an additional $5.00 fee. I explained that I didn't have a phone jack near the TV and he said the installer will provide one for free. I would assume this is one of those wireless jacks you plug in to an electrical outlet but I am skeptical that it will be free. One thing I have not seen mentioned yet in this thread is the 18 month comittment to get the $299 lease deal. There is a $240 cancelllation fee or $13.30 per month for remaining months if Dish is cancelled prior to 18 months. Did everyone else have to make this comittment?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   craig8868

craig8868

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:22 PM

I One thing I have not seen mentioned yet in this thread is the 18 month comittment to get the $299 lease deal. There is a $240 cancelllation fee or $13.30 per month for remaining months if Dish is cancelled prior to 18 months. Did everyone else have to make this comittment?

yes, I did and from other response on the boards most people did for the lease deal. I look at it this way-Dish has the best programming available and best PQ so I can't see switching to cable or DTV.

Craig :D

#43 OFFLINE   Joe Bernardi

Joe Bernardi

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:51 AM

Yes, the CSR told me about the 18 month commitment and the cancellation fee, which is no problem. I've been with Dish for nearly five years and don't foresee switching to something else.

#44 OFFLINE   joenj

joenj

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:41 AM

So what is your install date?

I am in New Jersey and install date is April 3!!!!!!!

#45 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 824 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:43 AM

Just got the dreaded call. My Feb. 9 installation not possible due to delays in shipping the 622. Rescheduled for Feb. 23. Let's hope they don't change it again.

#46 OFFLINE   jakattak

jakattak

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:21 PM

Wow, some people are reporting an immediate $299 charge to their credit card.

That's what they did with me... my CC was charged yesterday morning even though they say the soonest install is 2/25

#47 OFFLINE   audiomaster

audiomaster

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:48 PM

Woke up early this morning. Thought about all you guys ordering a receiver that may have just as many problems as the 921 due to pushing it out the door too early. Felt very sad. Rolled over and went back to sleep. :sleeping: Dreamed of my little 811 which picks up both analog and digital locals!
Will watch for further developments. Maybe about the time I get my tax refund I'll jump in.

#48 OFFLINE   normang

normang

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:40 AM

Woke up early this morning. Thought about all you guys ordering a receiver that may have just as many problems as the 921 due to pushing it out the door too early. Felt very sad. Rolled over and went back to sleep. :sleeping: Dreamed of my little 811 which picks up both analog and digital locals!
Will watch for further developments. Maybe about the time I get my tax refund I'll jump in.

The 942 is a stable receiver for the most part, I've never had any significant issues with it. Since the 622 is basically a MPEG4 version of the 942, I would not expect it to be significantly different than the 942. The 942 is nothing like the 921, not even close. And I don't think the 622 will be either.
Norm

Protected By... spam firewall...And...