Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Buffalo, NY Locals

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JAMHRR

JAMHRR

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 31 July 2002 - 12:09 PM

DTV has Buffalo Locals listed on their website, but they haven't turned them on. Does anyone know know when they will?
Our local news said they should already be on.

Thanks. :D

Adelphia is almost out the door!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest_mans_*

Guest_mans_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2002 - 07:29 PM

They are on right now. I orderd them this afternoon. The CSR was having trouble activating them, so a supervisor had to take of it.

#3 OFFLINE   JAMHRR

JAMHRR

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 31 July 2002 - 07:36 PM

I found out late this afternoon and ordered them.

Can someone tell me if DTV is going to add channels 17 WNED, the PBS station and WNLO Channel 23 on to Buffalo Locals?

Thanks!!

#4 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 31 July 2002 - 07:41 PM

Sorry cant answer your question Jim, but hows the PQ? Does channel 7 have the 'hollow' sound to it? Any other comments?
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#5 OFFLINE   JAMHRR

JAMHRR

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 05:58 AM

Steve, I have my tv set up on S-Video with surround sound. All of the local channels picture quality and sound are great. I also canceled ADELPHIA.

They asked me why I was canceling. I told them 3 reasons.

1) Picture quality is horrible

2) Satellite is cheaper than cable.

3) I get all channels in DIGITAL.

Cable just can't do that.

#6 OFFLINE   AJ2086

AJ2086

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 07:36 AM

Thanks for those great ideas to make cable cry, my cable company hates loosing customers and since D* started offering locals in my area they have gone into there full swing bashing advertisements. They weill beg to keep me.
AJ

XM Customer Since: 12/28/02
D* Customer Since: 2/6/03
Tivo User Since: 11/12/03

#7 OFFLINE   rspetti

rspetti

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 07:49 AM

Jim,
According to the article in the Buffalo News 7/31/02, "The region's PBS affiliate, WNED Channel 17, should join the list in about a month. Station president Donald K. Boswell said a paperwork mix-up caused the delay." Unfortunately, no mention of WNLO Ch 23 or the UPN-affiliate WNGS Ch 67.

Ray

#8 OFFLINE   Adam Richey

Adam Richey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationKokomo, IN

Posted 01 August 2002 - 10:24 PM

Important to note that WNLO will become the UPN affiliate in January, and WNGS will become independent. I wonder if this has anything to do with DirecTV not having these channels yet.
Anybody else wonder just how horrible WWE's "wrestling" is gonna get?

#9 Guest_rabi_*

Guest_rabi_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2002 - 02:05 PM

Maybe this has something to do with it?

------------------------
On Wednesday morning (7/3/02) at approximately 12:20 am, WNLO-TV's transmitter output power was reduced to 15 kilowatt visual, 1500 watts aural.

This is 30% of it's normal output power.

Due to HDTV upgrades being performed at the Grand Island transmitter facility WNLO is running on a temporary antenna at 490' at drastically reduced output power.

This situation is temporary and will be resolved as soon as antenna and feedline upgrades are completed, approximately 4 weeks.
------------------------

#10 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 03 August 2002 - 01:11 PM

Glad to hear your happy with them, Jim and they finally arrived! BTW, I saw 2 houses with oval dishs that didnt have them a few weeks ago. One across from the D&L Plaza, out by you and one a mile away from me.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Down With Verizon!

#11 OFFLINE   JAMHRR

JAMHRR

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 07:34 AM

Steve,
My neighbor had an oval dish installed two days before the Buffalo locals were turned on. The Adelphia truck was at his house the same day to disconnect the cable. He is now a DTV subscriber.

#12 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 03:15 PM

Aldephia and TW out here are gong to lose a lot of subs out,
Down With Verizon!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...