Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lease 622 Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   darthbenny21

darthbenny21

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:49 PM

This question is in regards to New Dish Network subscribers.

After you pay the upfront $299 to lease the 622 is there any other lease fees after this? How long is the lease term? Is the $299 payment fee for the life of the box or until upgrade? I'm just trying to figure out what my monthly fee will be without any other "lease" fees.

Thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   tomcrown1

tomcrown1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:50 PM

the term is for 18 Months. Lease fee $6.00 according to posts I was told $5.00 per month plus their is a $6.00 DVR fee
Welcome to Dish the new AT&T

:) life is to to to short so be???

#3 OFFLINE   darthbenny21

darthbenny21

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:18 PM

So a $5 or $6 lease fee on top of the $299 down? I don't mind the DVR fee but the extra lease fee bothers me. I might as well stay with cable once again (:barf: ) because the fee's would almost equal themselves for me in the long run.

#4 OFFLINE   Eraven34

Eraven34

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:29 PM

If you are a new customer, you pay the upfront fee for the receiver ($299 for the 622). You then pay the DVR fee of $5.98. You do not pay the $6.00 lease fee for the first receiver activated. Any other receivers activated beyond the first receiver would incur a lease/additional receiver fee ($6.00 for HD receivers, $5.00 for SD receivers).

Eric

#5 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 831 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

I believe DVR fee is waived for America's Everything Pak subscribers. Not sure about any other programming packages.

#6 OFFLINE   IowaStateFan

IowaStateFan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 270 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:00 PM

If you are a new customer, you pay the upfront fee for the receiver ($299 for the 622). You then pay the DVR fee of $5.98. You do not pay the $6.00 lease fee for the first receiver activated. Any other receivers activated beyond the first receiver would incur a lease/additional receiver fee ($6.00 for HD receivers, $5.00 for SD receivers).

Eric

Okay, I asked this in another thread, but I got a different answer. Not surprising 'cause these fees seem very confusing. I currently own a 921 (hooked to a phone line). I'm thinking of upgrading to the 622 come April, when I can get the $200 rebate. I subscribe the AT120 + locals and the HD pack. Using what I believe are the 2/1 price increase numbers my bill looks like this:

AT120 + Locals $44.99
HD Pack $9.99
DVR Fee $5.98 (or is it $6.00?)
Total $60.96

Monthly fee after upgrade:

DishHD Silver $64.99
DVR Fee $5.98
Lease Fee $0 (or is it $6.00?)
Total $70.97 (or is it $76.97 with lease fee?)

The question is what will my monthly bill be $71 or $77?

A $10 increase which adds Voom plus all the new MPEG4 channels is reasonable, though I'd love to opt out of the voom channels. To this old fart, $70/mo seems like an awful lot to pay for TV. My current bill is "only" $53, but I'm getting some mysterious $5 credit for an HD Promo. Not sure how long that'll last. So my net monthly increase (after price increases and upgrades) will be $18 (unless I have to pay the lease fee).

Thanks for your help. I've really tried to follow these threads on the different fees, but it almost seems like you've got to be a rocket scientist to figure them all out.

#7 OFFLINE   dojoman

dojoman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:20 PM

Okay, I asked this in another thread, but I got a different answer. Not surprising 'cause these fees seem very confusing. I currently own a 921 (hooked to a phone line). I'm thinking of upgrading to the 622 come April, when I can get the $200 rebate. I subscribe the AT120 + locals and the HD pack. Using what I believe are the 2/1 price increase numbers my bill looks like this:

AT120 + Locals $44.99
HD Pack $9.99
DVR Fee $5.98 (or is it $6.00?)
Total $60.96

Monthly fee after upgrade:

DishHD Silver $64.99
DVR Fee $5.98
Lease Fee $0 (or is it $6.00?)
Total $70.97 (or is it $76.97 with lease fee?)

The question is what will my monthly bill be $71 or $77?

A $10 increase which adds Voom plus all the new MPEG4 channels is reasonable, though I'd love to opt out of the voom channels. To this old fart, $70/mo seems like an awful lot to pay for TV. My current bill is "only" $53, but I'm getting some mysterious $5 credit for an HD Promo. Not sure how long that'll last. So my net monthly increase (after price increases and upgrades) will be $18 (unless I have to pay the lease fee).

Thanks for your help. I've really tried to follow these threads on the different fees, but it almost seems like you've got to be a rocket scientist to figure them all out.

Yep, your monthly bill probably will be $77. Since you own 921 you did not have to pay lease fee and the new HD pak cost $10 more. Is Dish forcing people to buy the new DishHD pak with 622 or can I stay with the old HD pak and save $10?

#8 OFFLINE   Eraven34

Eraven34

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:31 PM

I'm pretty sure your bill will be around $77, because you own your 921 and you are not a new customer. I own one receiver and when I tried to exchange it for a leased receiver a couple months ago, I was told I would have to pay the lease fee regardless of whether or not it was the only receiver I had activated.

From what I understand, if you lease the 622 (or 211), you will have to subscribe to one of the new DishHD paks at the new prices. Keep an MPEG2 receiver and keep your old programming. Get the new MPEG4 receiver, get the new programming package at the new price.

Eric

#9 OFFLINE   Eraven34

Eraven34

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:37 PM

I believe DVR fee is waived for America's Everything Pak subscribers. Not sure about any other programming packages.

The $5.98 DVR fee gets waived for:

America's Everything Pak
Latino Everything Pak
DishHD Platinum
DishLATINO HD Platinum

Eric

Protected By... spam firewall...And...