Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Questions about VIP 622 Installation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SSMerchant

SSMerchant

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:29 PM

This morning I signed up to lease the VIP-622 DVR. My installation date is 2/25. I have a few questions regarding the installation. Currently, I have a Dish 500 and a Dish 300 which is connected to a 6000 Receiver in the Family Room on the first floor and a 2700 Receiver in the bedroom on the second floor. The questions I have are:-

1) Do I need a Dish 1000? Between the Dish 500 and the Dish 300, I am pointed to 3 separate satellites. Any advantages to replacing them with a Dish 1000?

2) Currently I have a cable from outside that runs to the Family Room for my 6000 and a separate cable from outside running to the bedroom for the 2700. Is there a way to place the VIP 622 in the Family Room and use the second tuner in it for the bedroom TV. Since the bedroom is upstairs, I cannot run a cable directly from the receiver to the bedroom tv.

I already am using a diplexor to connect the outside antenna to the family room tv to receive local hd channels.

3) Is the upconvert chips in the VIP-622 superior to the 6000? Currently, when I watch standard definition channels, I use the S-Video Connection from the 6000 to my Sony XBR HDTV. For high definition, I switch to component input of course. The standard definition channels looks much better when viewed through S-Video since the Sony is upconverting them.

4) I read that the VIP 622 can be setup in two viewing modes, the first being the single mode where you can use PIP on any TV or the dual mode where separate programming can be viewed on 2 televisions. Is this something I have to decide when the installer comes or is it switchable?

5) I understand you get a price break if you connect the receiver to a phone line. I don't have a phone line in the family room. Has anybody used those devices that let's you connect phone through electrical lines? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again for all your help! I appreciate it.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SSMerchant

SSMerchant

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:28 PM

I know I have a lot of questions. Any answers would be appreciated.

spam firewall