Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Can't Upgrade to 622 Due to Dish Mover?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GoRaja

GoRaja

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:22 PM

Like everyone else, I called in early this morning to upgrade to a 622 from a 942 receiver. The CSR told me that i had to purchase it because i have already used a Dishin-it-up promotion on January 3rd, 2006, so I can't upgrade with $299 fee.

But the strange thing is that on January 3rd, I had used Dish Mover to setup Dish Service at my new home and had not upgraded my receiver on that day. They said i have to wait another whole year before i could upgrade.

Could this be an error on their end or could it be because i paid $250 about six months ago to upgrade to a 942? I wonder how many people who paid $250 to upgrade receivers were able to upgrade today to a 622 or 211. If you were able to upgrade to a 622 after previously upgrading from the 942, please let me know.

Thanks.
TONY G.

#2 OFFLINE   craig8868

craig8868

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:32 PM

I would call back and try again with a different CSR. What they told you doesn't sound right to me.

Craig

#3 OFFLINE   DaveLin1997

DaveLin1997

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:24 PM

Like everyone else, I called in early this morning to upgrade to a 622 from a 942 receiver. The CSR told me that i had to purchase it because i have already used a Dishin-it-up promotion on January 3rd, 2006, so I can't upgrade with $299 fee.

But the strange thing is that on January 3rd, I had used Dish Mover to setup Dish Service at my new home and had not upgraded my receiver on that day. They said i have to wait another whole year before i could upgrade.

Could this be an error on their end or could it be because i paid $250 about six months ago to upgrade to a 942? I wonder how many people who paid $250 to upgrade receivers were able to upgrade today to a 622 or 211. If you were able to upgrade to a 622 after previously upgrading from the 942, please let me know.

Thanks.
TONY G.

You need to call back and speak with a supervisior. That's a Dish Mover promotion and not part of Dish N Up. I would wait until April 1st to get the rebate because there a big wait for it now. If they still give you problems email ceo@echostar.com

#4 OFFLINE   zer0cool

zer0cool

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:07 PM

I was told by a "Sales Supervisor" that the 622 was only available to New customers, and to get one I would have to cancel my service, wait six months, and get new service. I knew that was wrong (not to mention bad business), and asked to speak to her supervisor. She said OK and hung up on me. I called back and explained my situation to another rep, saying if you're going to offer the programming I want, but not give me the equipment to get that programming, I'll take my business to someone else. She understood completely and set up my order for a 622.

spam firewall