Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP622 No Fuss No Muss... I think

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   JerryLA

JerryLA

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:29 PM

I know what you mean chicago... I've called back twice to confirm the installation date and the unit. They still have me scheduled for the 20th for a 622. Can I assume that if I get the 622 next week, and they are not replacing my Dish500, that I should be able to disconnect the 921, plug in the 622 and be up and running? The CSR told me there was no need for me to switch to a DISH1000, at least at this time.
Dish 622 & 510

Pioneer Elite 510
Denon AVR 3300
Denon DVD 2910
Dish Customer since 1/97

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,699 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:49 AM

I had the same thing happen then I ordered on 2-1. I said I wanted to trade in my 811 for a ViP622. I was told $49 & installation this Sunday, 2-5 between 8-12. I repeated "I'm getting the new 622?" about 4-5 times and each time was told "Yes, the new dual tuner HD DVR, the 622".

I called back yesterday after reading all the stories here & on other sites and told the rep I was hearing of delays and I wanted to make sure I was getting the new 622. The rep once again assured me that yes, I'm getting a 622 installed this Sunday.

If all goes well, I'll have it up and running in time for kickoff!:D

But in the back of my mind I'm expecting the guy to show up with a 625 or 211.:mad:

Hey did you get this installed yet? Was it the 622?

#23 OFFLINE   JerryLA

JerryLA

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:14 AM

My install date is Feb 20th. They told me I could expect the unit shipped to my home in the next 7-10 days. That was on the 1st. We'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted.
Dish 622 & 510

Pioneer Elite 510
Denon AVR 3300
Denon DVD 2910
Dish Customer since 1/97

#24 OFFLINE   chicagofilms

chicagofilms

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:39 AM

Installer just left. Just like I thought, I still have no 622. Despite numerous calls to confirm it, they sent out a 625.

The installer spent about 30 minutes on the phone with a Dish rep and after explaining that they DO have a 622 (The rep just kept saying, we have no 622) I was told I can get one installed on 2-26 and they needed to charge me an additional $200, getting me up to the standard $249 fee.

What idots Dish are!

I've been with them since '97 and if there was anything remotley comparable, I'd switch in an instant. Come on Verizon, bring on the fiber!

#25 OFFLINE   JerryLA

JerryLA

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:28 PM

Same here. Just called to check on HD programming and to confirm my order for the 622. I have never dealt with people who were less informed than the local gas station attendants. I do not blame the csr but I blame DISH. My order for a 622 was not really a 622. The csr told me I had ordered an 811, then her supervisor told me I ordered a 211. I don't get it. How can a company be so screwed up. I cancelled the order and will decide what to do once I calm down a bit. I too have been with Dish since 97 and if there were any choices other than Charlie Inc. , I would switch. How can the system be so screwed up that 3 csr's confirmed I ordered a VIP622 when in fact apparently I didn't. On another note: I was also told I needed to get a waiver to receive CBS HD in Denver. I didn't know if was available. I've been getting CBSHD from New York for a year or so. Can anyone shed any light on this? You apparently cannot trust or believe anything you hear on the phone from DISH.
Dish 622 & 510

Pioneer Elite 510
Denon AVR 3300
Denon DVD 2910
Dish Customer since 1/97

#26 OFFLINE   JerryLA

JerryLA

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:05 PM

OK, is this toned down enough?
Dish 622 & 510

Pioneer Elite 510
Denon AVR 3300
Denon DVD 2910
Dish Customer since 1/97

#27 OFFLINE   Rogueone

Rogueone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:11 PM

chicago, if you get charged only $249 total, you arne't paying the normal price. the normal price is $299, so you'd be coming in $50 ahead. go have a nice dinner in Dish :)

Jerry, are you local to Denver? they are likely to get the HD locals soon, so that may cause a change in the HD distants. at this point I think we can assume we know more than the person ordering our packages at dish :)
Regards,

RogueOne
Dish VIP622, 4/4/06; ex 921 owner, 2/04 to 3/06
Dish 501 (soon to upgrade to 722) :D
HD OTA (Washington DC): WRC-DT 1&2, WTTG-DT, WJLA-DT 1&2, WUSA-DT 1&2, WETA-DT 1-4, WBDC-DT 1&2, MHz 1-4, ION 1-7, WDCA-DT, and others i don't care about

#28 OFFLINE   UTFAN

UTFAN

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:23 PM

My friend (a current E* customer) called yesterday to get one, and they told him it would be $299.00 up front. Unfortunately he can't afford that right now. Why is E* making it so expensive for current customers to get a new DVR? New customers don't have to pay the up front costs. Where's the loyalty at for current customers? Couldn't E* allow current customers to rent or make payments on the new box instead?

$299.00 just isn't that much these days. If you can't afford that, then you need to enjoy standard-def for a while longer.

The cost for the company to finance this amount of money is just not practical.

There is nothing in the constitution, nor Echostar's business plan that obligates them to supply everyone an HD receiver.

I'd love to own one of those new 200 mph Ford's, but they're more than I can afford. I don't expect Ford to work a special deal for me. So I'm keeping my Volvo and my 921. The Volvo because I can afford it and I know it works, and the 921 because I'm hesitant about jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

I'll manage to survive somehow.

spam firewall