Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP622 No Fuss No Muss... I think

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   JerryLA

JerryLA

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:05 PM

OK, is this toned down enough?
Dish 622 & 510

Pioneer Elite 510
Denon AVR 3300
Denon DVD 2910
Dish Customer since 1/97

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   Rogueone

Rogueone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:11 PM

chicago, if you get charged only $249 total, you arne't paying the normal price. the normal price is $299, so you'd be coming in $50 ahead. go have a nice dinner in Dish :)

Jerry, are you local to Denver? they are likely to get the HD locals soon, so that may cause a change in the HD distants. at this point I think we can assume we know more than the person ordering our packages at dish :)
Regards,

RogueOne
Dish VIP622, 4/4/06; ex 921 owner, 2/04 to 3/06
Dish 501 (soon to upgrade to 722) :D
HD OTA (Washington DC): WRC-DT 1&2, WTTG-DT, WJLA-DT 1&2, WUSA-DT 1&2, WETA-DT 1-4, WBDC-DT 1&2, MHz 1-4, ION 1-7, WDCA-DT, and others i don't care about

#28 OFFLINE   UTFAN

UTFAN

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:23 PM

My friend (a current E* customer) called yesterday to get one, and they told him it would be $299.00 up front. Unfortunately he can't afford that right now. Why is E* making it so expensive for current customers to get a new DVR? New customers don't have to pay the up front costs. Where's the loyalty at for current customers? Couldn't E* allow current customers to rent or make payments on the new box instead?

$299.00 just isn't that much these days. If you can't afford that, then you need to enjoy standard-def for a while longer.

The cost for the company to finance this amount of money is just not practical.

There is nothing in the constitution, nor Echostar's business plan that obligates them to supply everyone an HD receiver.

I'd love to own one of those new 200 mph Ford's, but they're more than I can afford. I don't expect Ford to work a special deal for me. So I'm keeping my Volvo and my 921. The Volvo because I can afford it and I know it works, and the 921 because I'm hesitant about jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

I'll manage to survive somehow.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...