Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dish Customer Service is just awful!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mwolfson

mwolfson

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:40 PM

For the past hour or so, I've been reading horror story after horror story about Dish Network customers getting the royal runaround when trying to give Dish Network more of their money for HD equipment and programming.

I lost an hour of my life today trying to deal with a Customer Service rep in India whose English was hard to understand, but his knowledge of the products was even worse.

It's not bad enough that Dish wants to charge your credit card a month before it gives you what you want. But this fellow signs me up telling me that installation of my new equipment will be in about 10 days. Then after asking me to "wait one moment" at least once every 10 seconds (they are instructed to do that), he says the first installation date he can get me is March 25!!!!!

At that point I elect to cancel the whole thing. That takes another 15 minutes and the admonition to call back since cancellation takes at least 24 hours. By the way, if you submit an order for the 622 and decide to cancel because of the long wait for installation, Dish will hit you with a $49 cancellation fee.

Now here's where it gets more interesting. I decided to call up a local Dish retailer. She told me she has access to 622's but right now is only giving them to new Dish customers. I relayed my tale of woe and she gave me an 800 number to get to a real live English speaking customer service person. So I called. And this person told me that 622's are not available at this time and she had no information on when they would be available.

Charlie Ergren may be "Mr. Out Front" with his TV show, but he'd be better served spending more time in training competent customer service representatives than getting more face time on Channel 100.

Between Dish, DirecTV and the cable companies, you have an aggregation of some of the worst customer service in any industry. I'd gladly welcome a new player to this industry who would remember that the customer comes first.

mwolfson

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall