Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ordering my 622 (Don't give up)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   zer0cool

zer0cool

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:49 PM

Where there's a good CSR, there's a way.

I had quite an ordeal yesterday. first I was told by a Dish rep that I could order a 622, but since my account was with SBC, they would have to complete the order. After being transferred to SBC, I went through setting up the order. I asked if I had to send them my 921(since I own it). The rep wasn't sure, so she put me on hold.
She came back to tell me I did not have to return my 921, since they would not be sending me a 622. Apparently SBc customers don't deserve good stuff.
At first they told me I could move my account to Dish, but was then told that was impossible.
Called Dish back, was told to "remove bundling" from my SBC account and then I
would be a Dish customer. I did that with SBc and called Dish back. After being transferred to a sales supervisor, I was told only NEW customers can get a 622 (for any price), and my only option was to cancel my service, wait six months and resubscribe. (Now that's a prett poor business model). So, I'm not a dish sub if I want a 622 as a SBC customer, but I am a Dish sub if I want new service. I knew this was BS, so I asked for her supervisor. She hung up on me.
I called back and got a very nice CSR who offered to set me up as a "new" customer. She checked my phone number only to find that ny SBC account hadn't been fully transferred yet, so she used my Cell phone number. She set up my order for a 622 and together we determined which package would be the best for me. Her name was Helen.................................. Helen,I love you

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   thecodeman

thecodeman

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:15 PM

Wow, that's weird. I'm an SBC customer with Dish and had no problems getting a 622 leased yesterday after their systems finished updating.

#3 OFFLINE   zer0cool

zer0cool

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 02:20 PM

Hmmmm...... maybe I should give them a call back. Did you have any issues with changing programming? (If you attempted to). Did you call the Dish service number on the SBC website?

#4 OFFLINE   thecodeman

thecodeman

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 02:25 PM

Hmmmm...... maybe I should give them a call back. Did you have any issues with changing programming? (If you attempted to). Did you call the Dish service number on the SBC website?

I called the "exisiting customer number" on Dish Network's website every time I have called. I usually do menus 1 (exisiting customer) 2 (programming) and 0 (i want a person).

I currently have the 811 and AT120/locals. I changed to the 622 and DishHD Platinum/locals. No issues here, except I am still sore after the $300 and nervous that I wont get my 622 on time because DishDirect (www.dishdirect.com) employees keep telling me that they dont have them at all because of a recall and you wont see any for 6 weeks.

#5 OFFLINE   ChriswGood

ChriswGood

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:38 PM

Dish was so nice to me...when I told them I was going to cancel my service. I had just moved into a new house about a month ago and when I did, I installed a new DVR 625. I was just able to get a new HDTV last week and told them I wanted the new ViP622 and to return the 625 I got a month ago. The funny thing is, I had no idea it was such a hot new item, I just noticed the lower price tag. They said no problem and said it would take til 2/28 to probably get the 622. But, it sounds like that may be optimistic.

spam firewall