Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Possible cancellation due to weather?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   C*Tedesco

C*Tedesco

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:07 PM

So Direct TV suppose to come out this Saturday to install my 5NLB but the weather is calling for rain. I'm assuming that Direct TV will not install in rain, but wanted to know if anyone has been in this situation.

thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:15 PM

Probably depends on individual contractors. Mine came out in the snow and rain. It also may depend on what type if install is required. Roof mount or pole mount and if any cable runs are required for example.

Good Luck.
DBSTalk Chat Room Mod (I reserve the right to be wrong.)

AT9 to SWM16
LR: HR24-100 to Panasonic 50" w/ Sony HTIB/FR: HR20-700 to Samsung LN55B640
Office: HR34-700 to Panasonic 50" w/ HD-A2
Office: H21-200 to 36" SD TV/BR: HR21-200 to Samsung 32" LCD
My full setup in Visio: http://www.dbstalk.c...8&postcount=105

#3 OFFLINE   Mavrick

Mavrick

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:15 PM

It all really depends on your installer for my sisters was installed on her roof during and extremely heavy downpoor something I would not have attempted. Where as a coworker of mine had his rescheduled because of weather during a light drizzle.

#4 OFFLINE   jiserrab

jiserrab

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:01 PM

I was told by an installer that they could install in inclement weather at their discretion but that D* wouldn't insure them should they have an accident.

#5 OFFLINE   digibob

digibob

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:54 PM

So Direct TV suppose to come out this Saturday to install my 5NLB but the weather is calling for rain. I'm assuming that Direct TV will not install in rain, but wanted to know if anyone has been in this situation.

thanks.

It was raining before the installer showed up. It stopped when he arrived. And started again when he was finished. Pretty amazing.:D I ask him if he could install in the rain and he said it shold be fine. Luckly he didn't have to.

Good Luck,
Bob

#6 OFFLINE   dsanbo

dsanbo

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:30 AM

FWIW...My installer "prides itself" on doing installs "in any kind of weather.....except lightning....."!!
Having been in the biz since 1949 (NO...NOT installing sat systems.....just antennas...:rolleyes: ) I believe them....and I'm impressed....although I AM curious as to what their insurance premium(s) might look like....:D
BTW....They've done 5 (various types of) installs for me over the years....ALL of them top-notch!! No complaints!

#7 OFFLINE   HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:13 AM

BTW....They've done 5 (various types of) installs for me over the years....ALL of them top-notch!! No complaints!

Maybe some of these other folks that have had nightmare installs need to move to NH.:lol:
DBSTalk Chat Room Mod (I reserve the right to be wrong.)

AT9 to SWM16
LR: HR24-100 to Panasonic 50" w/ Sony HTIB/FR: HR20-700 to Samsung LN55B640
Office: HR34-700 to Panasonic 50" w/ HD-A2
Office: H21-200 to 36" SD TV/BR: HR21-200 to Samsung 32" LCD
My full setup in Visio: http://www.dbstalk.c...8&postcount=105

#8 OFFLINE   dsanbo

dsanbo

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:42 PM

Maybe some of these other folks that have had nightmare installs need to move to NH.:lol:

Yeah....We're hardy souls up this way.....Some of us a bit "bolder" than others, it would seem....;)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...