Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Vip 622, SuperDish, DPP44

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ZJedi01

ZJedi01

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:38 PM

I have superdish for 110, 105 (for locals), 119 and I own my 811 and 301 recievers. The switch i have is DPP34.

I was wondering if anyone had upgraded from the same setup to a 622. What I want to know is what E* included in the upgrade. I actually asked this question a couple of weeks ago, but no one knew for sure. The general consensus was that for $299 I would get the 622 (and return my 301), a round dish for 129, and a DPP44 switch so that I could receive 4 orbital locations and only have to run 1 coax cable to my 622. No extra costs.

Ive seen a couple people already mention that they couldnt get dish to pay for dpp44 just to run 1 cable, but i havent seen anyone that needed one for 4 orbitals.

I would like to have this information before I call so that I know Im not fighting a losing battle.

Thanks,

Jeremy

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   ZJedi01

ZJedi01

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:16 AM

Wow. I thought I would at least get a couple hits. I must be in a very small minority of users ...lol.

#3 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,335 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:13 AM

Nobody has upgraded to a 622 yet. But many have placed their orders and are waiting for installs.

#4 OFFLINE   tomcrown1

tomcrown1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:21 AM

As I understand Dish will Install the unit and the $299 includes everything needed to run the cable from the Dish to your unit.
Welcome to Dish the new AT&T

:) life is to to to short so be???

#5 OFFLINE   ZJedi01

ZJedi01

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:24 AM

Nobody has upgraded to a 622 yet. But many have placed their orders and are waiting for installs.

Thanks for the reply...I was just hoping maybe someone had gotten a verbal over the phone when they called about what would be included.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...