Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rescheduled install date

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nextime

nextime

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:59 AM

After reading a few comments regarding rescheduled install dates on the VIP622 I called DISH to see if my install on FEB. 10 was still on. The automated reply was that it was scheduled on Mar. 2. I then talked to a CSR that told me it was changed because of volume and that Mar. 2 was the earliest date available. OK, is it volume or product availability? ANYONE not have their install date changed? ANYONE have one of these installed? :mad:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rollua1

rollua1

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:01 AM

a coworker had his changed from Feb 21 to March 3 and this guy called in at 3am in the morning on the 1st.
If you are a weather weenie check us out

http://www.hardcoreweather.com

#3 OFFLINE   subhuman

subhuman

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:04 AM

They changed my install date too. I was orginally scheduled to have the 622 installed on 2/11. They called me last night and changed it to 2/25. They said that they are having avaliablity problems with the 622 and that was the earliest I could receive it. :(

#4 OFFLINE   emoney28

emoney28

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:13 AM

I was given 2/23 as my install date when I ordered my 622. I just called and it has not changed.

#5 OFFLINE   Rogueone

Rogueone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:19 AM

maybe being forced to wait until 4/1 will wind up being ok after all, DOH! ")
Regards,

RogueOne
Dish VIP622, 4/4/06; ex 921 owner, 2/04 to 3/06
Dish 501 (soon to upgrade to 722) :D
HD OTA (Washington DC): WRC-DT 1&2, WTTG-DT, WJLA-DT 1&2, WUSA-DT 1&2, WETA-DT 1-4, WBDC-DT 1&2, MHz 1-4, ION 1-7, WDCA-DT, and others i don't care about

#6 OFFLINE   Canondave

Canondave

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:23 AM

Mine is still 2-28

#7 OFFLINE   tomcrown1

tomcrown1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:28 AM

Called Dish install date changed to 2/1/2010 due to the fact the the VIP622 needs a name change to DELAY622
Welcome to Dish the new AT&T

:) life is to to to short so be???

#8 OFFLINE   zer0cool

zer0cool

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:40 AM

Called last night and was asked if I wanted to schedule an install date. i told the guy i was given an install date of 2/28 the day before. (Actually, i was told I should get the reciever in 7-10 days, and once i got it, to call and see if I could get an installer out before the 28th).
Anyway, the guy said they didn't have me down for an install, but he could put me down for March 18th. He then looked at the notes from the day before, and found where that person had put in 2/28. He advised me to call back today when the dispatch office was open and see if they couldn't meet my original date. Once the damn thing gets to me, I should be able to hook it up myself. I had a dish1000 installed a couple of months ago.

#9 OFFLINE   Mark3:35

Mark3:35

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:08 PM

I ordered ViP622 on 1 Feb around 0730 MST and got an install date of 25 Feb. I just called and the date hasn't changed.

BTW - I've seen a lot of comments regarding costs; here's what the E* CSR quoted me:

Receiver cost (Lease) = $299.99
DVR fee = $5.98
Gold HD package = $69.99
Total monthly cost, excluding taxes = $75.97

She said the Lease fee was waived for a reason I don't remember and I have a phone line attached and local OTA HD so I don't have those fees.

#10 OFFLINE   zer0cool

zer0cool

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:24 PM

I ordered on 2/1 and was told to expect the reciever in 7-10 days, and scheduled an install for 2/28. (I was also told to call back once I got the reciever to see if they could install it sooner). I called back last night because i thought they had my email address wrong (Was told I'd get an order confirmation by email, but didn't). The guy fixed my email address and asked if i wanted to go ahead and schedule my install. I told him I had one scheduled for 2/28. He said it didn't show on my account, but he could put me down for 3/18. He also told me the reciever would come with the installer. I had him check the original order, and he found the notes for 2/28 install. He asked me to call back today when the dispatch office was open. He also said that since it was a 622, that it would indeed be shipped to me. I called back today and got the HD tech support guys. They told me there was no install available before 3/18, but my reciever had ALREADY BEEN SHIPPED to me, and to call back monday and they should have a tracking number. I called the regular Dish number, and the CSR there told me she had an available install on 2/28 between 12-5 (The slot I was originally given). However, she told me the reciever would be brought out by the installer and not delivered, despite the fact that I'd been told it was already on it's way. I've got a Dish 1000 installed already with a 921, so I can hookup the 622 myself.
I just want a definitive answer on whether it's being shipped or brought by the installer.

#11 OFFLINE   UTFAN

UTFAN

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:50 PM

After reading a few comments regarding rescheduled install dates on the VIP622 I called DISH to see if my install on FEB. 10 was still on. The automated reply was that it was scheduled on Mar. 2. I then talked to a CSR that told me it was changed because of volume and that Mar. 2 was the earliest date available. OK, is it volume or product availability? ANYONE not have their install date changed? ANYONE have one of these installed? :mad:

So for those of us who MAYBE might take a chance on the 622, and order April 1, can expect a June-July delivery window?

Maybe they're putting new logos on the receivers, now calling them the 921 MkII

#12 OFFLINE   moman19

moman19

Icon

• Registered
  • 710 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:16 PM

When I ordered mine, I asked if E* would ship it to me so that I could install it myself. The Rep on the phone said this was impossible as they NEVER ship the 622. Rather, the installer brings it with him. When I asked why, I was told that it's too delicate, sophisticated, etc, etc.

The next day, the installer called me to confirm the 2/25 install date. When I asked him about the install process he said that they NEVER bring the 622 with them. He says E* ships them to the home in advance.

What's the real story?

#13 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,343 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:25 PM

Call another CSR and see if you can break the tie? :D

Most reports in the forum have said that their CSR said the receiver would be shipped to the customer.

#14 OFFLINE   Orcatek

Orcatek

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:26 PM

Well for those who don't get an install till after 4/1, I would be asking for the rebate, as you got it afer 4/1.

Also they should not be charging credit cards until delivery.
Orcatek

#15 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,460 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:33 PM

Also they should not be charging credit cards until delivery.

I was wondering how they got around that... All the credit card agreements I have seen have required that merchants ship product within a few days of charging a customer's credit card.

Perhaps they get around it because the $299 isn't a purchase for the receiver but rather a service charge?

#16 OFFLINE   moman19

moman19

Icon

• Registered
  • 710 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:52 PM

Call another CSR and see if you can break the tie? :D

Most reports in the forum have said that their CSR said the receiver would be shipped to the customer.

Too late, since my order has been placed. So now I must wonder if the receiver will show up at my door before the install. Or, will the installer bring one with him? Or, will it be both? Of course, the nightmare scenario after waiting a month would be NEITHER!

#17 OFFLINE   zer0cool

zer0cool

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:54 PM

Tie-Breaker.
Call number 5:
"Your reciever has been shipped".

#18 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 995 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:34 PM

I have a question.

When they originally said the 622s would be available on 2/1 and would be installed for the Olympics, were they talking about the Winter Olympics in Torino or the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing?

..Doyle
Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

#19 OFFLINE   KWB3

KWB3

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 04:03 PM

ANYONE not have their install date changed? ANYONE have one of these installed? :mad:

I called the afternoon of 2/1 to order my upgrade from 811 to 622 and the install date that I received was for 3/11. I know it's out there a bit but at least it sounds like it might be a real date.

#20 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:50 PM

I have a question.

When they originally said the 622s would be available on 2/1 and would be installed for the Olympics, were they talking about the Winter Olympics in Torino or the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing?

..Doyle

Hmmm.. I don't recall them saying they would be installed for the olympics. Must have missed that part of Charlie Chat. ;)
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

spam firewall