Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622 Availability & Installation Dates

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mr. Zoom

Mr. Zoom

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:20 AM

I called DN yesterday to order my $299 upgrade/Gold Package for the 622 from my current 811. I was a little dissapointed when the earliest available install date was about 7 weeks out. Feeling like I had no say in the matter, I ordered the upgrade and scheduled the install.

On my way home from work that day, I happened to have heard a radio ad for a local authorized Dish installer. Aha! I called to ask if they could fit me in anytime sooner than the end of March. The CSR told me that normally he could but that Dish had placed an immediate recall of all open orders in the VIP622 due to some software bug and he had not been informed of when these orders would be reopened.

Has anyone else heard of this? Also, does anyone have a plan of how to move your install date to a reasonable period of time (I would think that 2 weeks or so would be reasonable IMHO).

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mikey

Mikey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:24 AM

Has anyone else heard of this? Also, does anyone have a plan of how to move your install date to a reasonable period of time (I would think that 2 weeks or so would be reasonable IMHO).

This is pretty much common knowledge now. All the 622 install dates have been pushed out by 3 weeks.

#3 OFFLINE   Mr. Zoom

Mr. Zoom

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:36 AM

I really love DN, and don't foresee myself changing. However, I am greatly dissapointed when things like this occur (same story when I originally boutght my 811). There has been lots hype and reassurance leading up to this HD upgrade offer and VIP622 product release, but apparently they are not going to be able to deliver. I guess I just don't like opening presents at Christmas without the batteries included. Worse yet, even when I pay a visit to my local WM store they're all sold out of the size I need.

spam firewall