Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No Vip 622 for me!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Maxfli500

Maxfli500

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:22 PM

I called on Wednesday to try to order a 622 and I was told my account did not qualify for a promotional 622.

I sent an Email to the CEO address copied below

Dear Mr Ergen or CEO support Staff

I have been trying to get a HD DVR for some time, and was refused for a Lease deal on a 942. I called after the most recent Charlie Chat and was told call and order a VIP-622 after February 1st. Today I call and am told because I am and SBC-AT&T/Dish Customer I do not now and will never qualify for the promotional VIP-622 offer Per (Edgar QJX or Carlos 7KX). I was originally a Dish Network customer (2003) and was transitioned to SBC-Dish in 2004. I even suggested that you put me back to just a Dish Customer, and was told that would not help. What about my Dish account should make me a second class customer. I pay my bills to you via autopay on a credit card, and would think I should represent one of your better customers. When the desire today is to have HD and a DVR I think you offer no options if you take the stance described above. I believe that Dish offers the best product out there, and like your service. It seems unreasonable to me that the only solution is to go to a competitor, it just doesnt make business sense.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks

I received no response to my email, and I have tried a few times with different CSR's to try to get it resolved, so I followed up with this:

Dear Mr Ergen or CEO support Staff

Any chance I can get a response to this issue. A Dish CSR in tech support told me today the best thing to do was cancel my service, wait for 6 months and then re-up as a new Dish Customer, and then I would qualify. This hardly seems like a reasonable method to solve this problem.

Thanks

Still no response from Dish. Anyone have any other suggestions

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Rogueone

Rogueone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:25 PM

expect it to take a couple weeks to get a response? can you imagine how many emails they get a day?
Regards,

RogueOne
Dish VIP622, 4/4/06; ex 921 owner, 2/04 to 3/06
Dish 501 (soon to upgrade to 722) :D
HD OTA (Washington DC): WRC-DT 1&2, WTTG-DT, WJLA-DT 1&2, WUSA-DT 1&2, WETA-DT 1-4, WBDC-DT 1&2, MHz 1-4, ION 1-7, WDCA-DT, and others i don't care about

spam firewall