Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Top Notch Service today!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jim B

Jim B

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:43 PM

:) :)
I just had to post a positive experience with my install today. Despite the fact I am a long time D* fan, I am moving and worked out getting "new customer deal" and then some - two R15s with 4 months free DVR service and a year's worth of service protection for free. Also get the free portable DVD player and 3 months of HBO, etc..... (I know the DVD is going to suck , but my 2 year old might get some Barney time in the car!). I had to wait about two hours to get connected and then a computer glitch made me call back to finalize the deal, so not too bad a trade off.

But wait..... Here's the best part. We've moved into a great 1930's home that has thick walls (brick, studs, plaster, etc), steep slate roof, etc and looks nice, so I wanted the installer to not just let the cables just run across the roof and then drill through my walls like some installs I've seen. I was prepared for the worst after reading the threads here for the last few nights. The guy was GREAT. He helped me/ I helped him fish the feeds in two rooms from the attic or basement into nicely prepared gang boxes/finished faceplates - no cables tacked across the baseboards from holes drilled in the hardwood floors or plaster walls!. He was at the house almost 6 hours (glitch in finding the sat signal), even got his supervisor with the 40 foot ladder to come over and pull down an old single LNB dish that was 10 years old and WAY up there. :D :D :D

Anyway, got to tell you the install was just great - only thing that sucks is we don't move for two weeks and I can't get over to play with the new toys yet :nono:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Malibu13

Malibu13

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:42 PM

Jim B, Welcome to DBSTalk. ;)

Glad you had a positive install experience. It seems that quite a few installers are getting more & more bad publicity these days. It's not often that we hear about the good ones. Sounds like he took a little pride in his work. If you were that pleased with the install, let DirecTV know about it. I'm sure they don't hear alot of positives either. ;)

spam firewall