Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HDMI Switch,3 different devices, NO 720/1080

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:16 PM

Hello everyone,

I just installed my new 4 port HDMI switch I purchsed from Monoprice and I'm a little bummed. I have three different sources and none of them will display any picture above 480P.

Here's what a have.

Panansonic TH-50PX50U
HR10-250
H20
LG LDA-511

I have three 3' HDMI (Monoprice) as the inputs and a Acoustical Research??? 6' cable feeding the plasma. Individually connected to the display without the switch all three work fine.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. TIA.....
(Posted in AVSforums well)
DBSTalk Chat Room Mod (I reserve the right to be wrong.)

AT9 to SWM16
LR: HR24-100 to Panasonic 50" w/ Sony HTIB/FR: HR20-700 to Samsung LN55B640
Office: HR34-700 to Panasonic 50" w/ HD-A2
Office: H21-200 to 36" SD TV/BR: HR21-200 to Samsung 32" LCD
My full setup in Visio: http://www.dbstalk.c...8&postcount=105

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:32 PM

Do the specs of the switch indicate that it should pass the signals at the higher resolution, or is this a limitation of the switch itself?

#3 OFFLINE   HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:11 AM

Do the specs of the switch indicate that it should pass the signals at the higher resolution, or is this a limitation of the switch itself?

The manual and web site says it supports 480i up to 1080p. Here's the link.
http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2

After a couple hours of plugging and unplugging and reconfiguring any and everything and every other combination I can think of, it still doesn't work.

Either their is an incompatibility with the switch and TV that I cannot explain or the switch is bad. The closet I could get it to work was to power on TV first then the H20 second. A picture would appear for 1 or 2 seconds, flicker and then go black. No other wya to get a picture other than power off both TV and H20. This happens w/ the HR10-250 as well.

Can anyone recommend another HDMI switch, also does anybody make one of these switches that allows you to connect the Optical Audio also?

Thanks.

AT9 to SWM16

#4 OFFLINE   leestoo

leestoo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:22 PM

I have the same switcher as you and am not having the problem that you are having.

I know that there have been some problems with the switcher. My problem is an audio sync issue.

Monoprice is now selling a 5 port switcher that according to a review I read at AVS Forums seems to be better. And it is cheaper than the 4 port.
VMS man

#5 OFFLINE   HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:09 PM

I have the same switcher as you and am not having the problem that you are having.

I know that there have been some problems with the switcher. My problem is an audio sync issue.

Monoprice is now selling a 5 port switcher that according to a review I read at AVS Forums seems to be better. And it is cheaper than the 4 port.

It just wasn't handshaking with the plasma at all. I'm returning the 4-port and have already pre-ordered the new 5 port that is supposed to be available the end of this month.

AT9 to SWM16

spam firewall