Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Why NBA game Memphis AT Milwaukee blacked out in Memphis??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   grizzfan

grizzfan

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:43 PM

I have DirecTV with the Sports Pack but not NBA League Pass. I am in Memphis TN. Tonight, Saturday February 4, 2006 the guide on the receiver lists the NBA game Memphis at Milwaukee beginning at 7:30 PM on NBATV channel 601 (included in Sports Pack). When I tune to 601, get blank screen & "program not available in your area" message. Game also listed in guide as being on channel 633 and 642, but get black screen & "not available" message on those 2 channels as well. If a Memphis game were shown on 633, I've always been able to get it.

Called DirecTV, no help, was told "owners could have decided to blackout game in Memphis at last moment" or something like that. I don't understand the blackout rules -- why would the game in Milwaukee be blacked out in Memphis??

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:36 AM

You have a local station with the rights to that game. You need to use that station's feed. It's rare to be able to see a local game on a national channel.

#3 OFFLINE   News Junky

News Junky

Icon

• Registered
  • 509 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:42 AM

I noticed the same thing with NFL Sunday Ticket. The only problems I had with that is the video quality was way better directly from the network and through the local affiliate's OTA trasmission rebroadcast. Also, blacked out games are a bummer but, oh well, they have to sell out the stadium. I'm waiting for HD to come down in price but maybe not being able to get the game in HD from the local affiliate while its on ST would be frustrating too.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...