Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

811 to 622 - concerns about fees

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   David D

David D

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 08:16 AM

I have a few concerns now that I've placed my order for the 622 replacement of my 811.

When I placed my order the other day I got the impression it was day 1 on the new job with the CSR..He was really clueless, and I found I had to guide him through the details of the transaction. So, it was pointless to ask him anything like:

1) Does the $299 fee cover the cost of installing the line to the second tuner?

2) If I want to run the 622 as a single tuner unit, can I do that?

I say this because I think I will be looking at monthly fees for the second tuner, dvr capability and no phone line. For some reason, the no phone line fee wasn't enforced on my 811, so I am hoping that if I only opt for 1 tuner that it will still get waived.

If they don't want to waive it, I plan to run a 100' cable accross the floor and plug it in when the installer comes. They can't charge me for not being neat. Is the presence of the phone line monitored?

I getting a bad feeling...like a $15 per month hike in my bill for dvr, no phone line and second line cost. Can someone confirm? Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,305 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:43 AM

I have a few concerns now that I've placed my order for the 622 replacement of my 811.

When I placed my order the other day I got the impression it was day 1 on the new job with the CSR..He was really clueless, and I found I had to guide him through the details of the transaction. So, it was pointless to ask him anything like:

1) Does the $299 fee cover the cost of installing the line to the second tuner?

2) If I want to run the 622 as a single tuner unit, can I do that?

DishProPlus technology allows them to run both tuners over the same coax line. The installer will make sure both tuners have signal without extra install cost - but this is a dual tuner unit and you can't just switch one off to save monthly fees.

I say this because I think I will be looking at monthly fees for the second tuner, dvr capability and no phone line. For some reason, the no phone line fee wasn't enforced on my 811, so I am hoping that if I only opt for 1 tuner that it will still get waived.

If they don't want to waive it, I plan to run a 100' cable accross the floor and plug it in when the installer comes. They can't charge me for not being neat. Is the presence of the phone line monitored?

The 'no phone line fee' only applies as a 'additional tuner fee' on newer receivers with dual tuners (322/522/625 and now 622). Your 811 didn't have an 'additional tuner' - there was nothing extra to fee.

The $5.98 DVR fee will apply, but as long as you KEEP the phone line connected there will be no $5 'additional tuner fee'. If you disconnect the phone line E* will eventually notice that your receiver has not called in and (at best) start charging you the $5 fee. If you don't want to leave a phone line in place, you can use a wireless extension jack.

spam firewall