Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ABCW/Superbowl on D*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   radtek

radtek

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:08 PM

I just heard on AVS forum that some areas in Seattle area are getting the ABC National feed of the Super Bowl ...does anyone know if this so? I have been on hold with D* for 33 minutes trying to find out. :mad: I cannot get a good OTA signal (63 miles from the towers) and the SD signal is so crappy on a 62 inch DLP.
I know Dish is doing it in selected cities maybe D* will too.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Link

Link

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:19 PM

I just heard on AVS forum that some areas in Seattle area are getting the ABC National feed of the Super Bowl ...does anyone know if this so? I have been on hold with D* for 33 minutes trying to find out. :mad: I cannot get a good OTA signal (63 miles from the towers) and the SD signal is so crappy on a 62 inch DLP.
I know Dish is doing it in selected cities maybe D* will too.

If you had a waiver from KOMO 4 you could get KABC-HD on satellite, but otherwise I don't think you'll be able to get it. Does KOMO not broadcast a full HD signal? I would think you could receive it within 63 miles with an outdoor antenna.

#3 OFFLINE   radtek

radtek

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:33 PM

If you had a waiver from KOMO 4 you could get KABC-HD on satellite, but otherwise I don't think you'll be able to get it. Does KOMO not broadcast a full HD signal? I would think you could receive it within 63 miles with an outdoor antenna.

I was turned down for a waiver.... The problem here in the Seattle area is all the hills, mtns., tall trees make it a nightmare trying to recieve OTA signal, I can get FOX OTA but of course the game is not on FOX. I have waited 30 years for this and have to watch it on crapola SD :mad:

#4 OFFLINE   thedonn

thedonn

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 04:23 PM

Im in LA and the signal on ABCW is about half as clean as the OTA from Mt Witney or whatever it is. OTA is kicking DTVs ass. I never really compared the two signals on ABC before with my H20 but today I see there's a big difference.

#5 OFFLINE   Larry_Rymal

Larry_Rymal

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:21 PM

No difference, at least on my end via Houston's ABC OTA vs. DTV. Been switching back and forth just to see. Honestly, no difference. Now that is at this point of time, at this typing. Things do change.

#6 OFFLINE   thedonn

thedonn

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:00 PM

at almost 7pm Pacific time, DTVs signal is still way bad. It almost looks like widescreen standard definition. My tv is showing alot of digital noise on the darker spots in the pic, compared to the OTA which is perfect.
HD DVR

#7 OFFLINE   HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:04 PM

Mine's good out here in the east.
DBSTalk Chat Room Mod (I reserve the right to be wrong.)

AT9 to SWM16
LR: HR24-100 to Panasonic 50" w/ Sony HTIB/FR: HR20-700 to Samsung LN55B640
Office: HR34-700 to Panasonic 50" w/ HD-A2
Office: H21-200 to 36" SD TV/BR: HR21-200 to Samsung 32" LCD
My full setup in Visio: http://www.dbstalk.c...8&postcount=105

#8 OFFLINE   radtek

radtek

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:46 PM

I got my OTA to lock in ....saw the game in great HD ....nothing like watching your team lose in HD, maybe when they return in 2036 ......sigh...

#9 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:02 PM

I got my OTA to lock in ....saw the game in great HD ....nothing like watching your team lose in HD, maybe when they return in 2036 ......sigh...

Unless you got to see it live at the stadium... :(

(I was at the Bears playoff loss this year.. :( )

Sorry man, I was really cheering for the Seahawks...

They had an extra couple of "zebras" against them somtimes.

Anyone with any experience watching football would say that was very much a non-hold (the play when it was down to the 1 yard line)

However, I do have to agree on the TouchDown replay though, that ball crossed by like maybe the outer lining of the football.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

spam firewall