Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Preinstalled multi tenant dish

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   havaloc

havaloc

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:10 PM

I live in an apartment complex with a larger (larger than usual) Directv dish on the side of every building (prewired into all apts). It has one LNB on it. Do these dishes receive all the Directv channels?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mavrick

Mavrick

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:15 PM

More than likely with only one LNB it only recives signal from the 101 degree bird so in that case you will receive all chanels on the 101 bird but not any of the ones brodcast on any of the other satellites.

#3 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:33 PM

Basically, you won't be able to get the HD Package, CCTV-9 (455), Once (415), HIT-N (438), Para Todos, or any of the other International packages.

#4 OFFLINE   havaloc

havaloc

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 03:00 PM

So, unless I get HD, I won't be missing anything? Can I still get a DVR? Do I need a phone line?

Basically, you won't be able to get the HD Package, CCTV-9 (455), Once (415), HIT-N (438), Para Todos, or any of the other International packages.

#5 OFFLINE   Mavrick

Mavrick

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 03:08 PM

Correct, and yes you can still get a DVR. You will only need a phone line for the DVR if it is a D*Tivo box and you only need it then for the inital call which can be done somewhere else if needed even if they dont have a dish. The R15 DVR has no need for a phone line at all except for pay per view purchases.

#6 OFFLINE   havaloc

havaloc

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 03:10 PM

One more I forgot about. Are the locals available? (Lansing, MI). I'm guessing no.

#7 OFFLINE   Mavrick

Mavrick

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 03:11 PM

Go here to find out about your local channels.

http://www.directv.c...s.jsp?init=true

Protected By... spam firewall...And...