Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Used a *copy* of my rebate form..am I SOL?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SCDishMan2006

SCDishMan2006

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:16 PM

So I recently bought an R10, downloaded the rebate form from DTV, printed it out, and mailed in a copy of my bill and the original receipt.

So today, in the mail comes an actual original copy of the rebate form, and it says "originals only, no copies accepted."

Is DTV going to bounce my rebate? Am I SOL? If they wanted originals only, why would they have the PDF available for download from their site?

Any input/experiences are welcome...TIA.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:13 PM

You need to make a copy and use a copy of all DTV rebates as it can take 2-3 times to get it. I cannot see how you would be SOL on this one. Hope you kept a copy of the original receipt. If not, you really could be SOL.

#3 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,821 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:24 PM

I submitted using a form printed from the web, and the rebate was processed and mailed.

Carl

#4 OFFLINE   SCDishMan2006

SCDishMan2006

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:18 PM

I submitted using a form printed from the web, and the rebate was processed and mailed.

Carl

Thanks Carl...I appreciate the info! Hopefully I've jumped through enough hoops to get my bucks.

#5 OFFLINE   busboy789

busboy789

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:20 AM

my rebate form was printed from the web also. rebate took about three weeks to make it back to me.

#6 OFFLINE   buckybrad

buckybrad

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:17 PM

I used a copy, didn't get the rebate, but when I called Directv, they posted the 100 dollar rebate directly to my account. Done and done.... I did wait the until the rebate had been out for at least 2 months...

#7 OFFLINE   spanishannouncetable

spanishannouncetable

Icon

• Registered
  • 717 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 05:27 PM

I activated my new R-15 today. Here's what the CS rep and customer retention rep told me -

1) The rebate form .pdf you print from directv.com is fine, even if it's in b&w.
2) If you buy the receiver from an online retailer your email receipt counts as your original sales receipt.
3) You can print a copy of your "recent transactions" screen from your Directv online account and mail that instead of having to wait for your next bill to arrive.

Will this work ? Will I get my rebate with no hassle or were the phone jockeys lying to me? Inquiring minds want to know.

I am making extra copies of everything and will send in all 3 of the above documents exactly as instructed. I'll report what happens in a couple of weeks
Fox News : It grows on you... kinda like cancer.

#8 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:16 PM

I believe when I filed for my rebate, I pulled up my bill at DirecTv.com and printed it and used that to send for the rebate. No problems. I think everything you did should work just fine.

#9 OFFLINE   busboy789

busboy789

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:39 AM

I activated my new R-15 today. Here's what the CS rep and customer retention rep told me -

1) The rebate form .pdf you print from directv.com is fine, even if it's in b&w.
2) If you buy the receiver from an online retailer your email receipt counts as your original sales receipt.
3) You can print a copy of your "recent transactions" screen from your Directv online account and mail that instead of having to wait for your next bill to arrive.

Will this work ? Will I get my rebate with no hassle or were the phone jockeys lying to me? Inquiring minds want to know.

I am making extra copies of everything and will send in all 3 of the above documents exactly as instructed. I'll report what happens in a couple of weeks

my rebate;
printed pdf; check
sales receipt; no! I listed a conformation number only and sent no email
bill; I waited on a paper copy
check received; check

#10 OFFLINE   Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:15 AM

I sent a form in in Sep. and finally got my 100 bucks Wed. after sending 2 forms.

#11 OFFLINE   pmayo2002

pmayo2002

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:04 PM

I used the pdf printed on a b/w laser, the MS word receipt from Value Electronics. the print screen of my on-line bill at the D website. $200 rebate received after 5 weeks. A week later after receiving the rebate check, received the "color" printed rebate form from D directly.:lol:

#12 OFFLINE   kay

kay

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:48 PM

I'd be careful on the whole rebate thing

spam firewall