Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends
Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

There is software for 622!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   DonLandis

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 12:04 AM

JL- has summed it up folks. Nobody is forcing you to do anything. If you find your archived recordings on your 921 to be worth $200 to keep, then don't send it in. If you find that your salvage value of electronic parts is worth more than $200, don't turn it in. If you think using it for an SD and existing HD only receiver (MP2) for then next several years is a better deal then don't turn it in. One thing is certain, if you decide to keep your owned 921, then it's use will be limited to existing HD channels only and sometime in the future, only SD as all HD channels will be off MP2. At some point the $200 deal will be over and your 921 will be worth scrap heap price. Look at it like this, you own an old car that has trade in value for a car that that will run on the new gasoline. Your present car only runs on special gasoline that soon won't be sold. You can either lease the new car or buy it but the lease is less money and your trade in value of your owned car is fairly good. I traded in an older car for a leased vehicle once. This is no different except for the fact that the 622 is the only model being sold / leased. Then again you can switch to DirecTV, Cable, or stay with OTA only as your options.
Frankly, as critical as I've been on E* in the past year, I have to say, they seem to be doing this deal right for a change.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   conner65

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 12:38 PM

The problem I have with this whole deal is the lease fee. I think that is nickle and dime B.S. With the lease fee they will get their money back in 2 years and they require an 18 month committment.
directtv Genie

#28 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 42,432 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:00 PM

The lease fee is identical to the extra receiver fee and replaces that fee.

You can lease your box and pay the same as if you bought your box per month. The difference is the committment.

#29 OFFLINE   conner65

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:47 PM

I was not aware of that. Thanks for the clarification.
directtv Genie

#30 OFFLINE   Redster

• Gold Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 02:00 PM

:new_puppy I want it,, I want it.:new_puppy 1 Apr is so far away but I want my rebate too. :icon_cry:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...