Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622 configuration ????

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chrisjs

chrisjs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:20 PM

I just ordered a 622 due to be installed 2-25. My current config is an rec on one level and a newer rec on my lower level. No VTRs. My upstairs rec has one feed from the dish LNFB and feeds main tv over Svideo, and pipe other rooms with amp and coax crossed with antenna feed. My lower rec has it's own feed from dish LNBF and only one tv on it with no antenna feed. My question is with new 622 will I be able to still use second rec on lower level with 622 driving upstairs on 2 seperate tvs? Will I have to change my feed from the dish to spilit one LNBF output using a switch to feed downstairs and feed both LNBF outputs to the 622? Is this possible or do they have dish with 3 LNBFs? Or is another dish required?
I did find some good info regarding the DP Plus 44 and DP Plus Twin LNBF

But curious about what others have done.

I assume the tech that instals my system will know, but again just curious how others have configured their systems.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,255 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:30 PM

My question is with new 622 will I be able to still use second rec on lower level with 622 driving upstairs on 2 seperate tvs?

Yes, you will be able to continue to use two receivers.

Will I have to change my feed from the dish to spilit one LNBF output using a switch to feed downstairs and feed both LNBF outputs to the 622? Is this possible or do they have dish with 3 LNBFs? Or is another dish required?

You will be provided with a Dish1000 which is a three satellite DishPro Plus dish that can drive the ViP622 using one feed and a splitter. The Dish1000 will replace your Dish500 and you'll be down the road.

BTW, they don't use VTRs anymore. That was late 20th century technology. ;)

#3 OFFLINE   chrisjs

chrisjs

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:52 PM

Yes, you will be able to continue to use two receivers.You will be provided with a Dish1000 which is a three satellite DishPro Plus dish that can drive the ViP622 using one feed and a splitter. The Dish1000 will replace your Dish500 and you'll be down the road.

BTW, they don't use VTRs anymore. That was late 20th century technology. ;)

Thanks for the info, not sure where the VTR came from, must of time warped from previous life. :lol: meant DVR. Just one question will I have to feed two coaxs from dish 1000 to the 622 or can both be fed through existing one coax line?

#4 OFFLINE   chrisjs

chrisjs

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:54 PM

Thanks for the info, not sure where the VTR came from, must of time warped from previous life. :lol: meant DVR. Just one question will I have to feed two coaxs from dish 1000 to the 622 or can both be fed through existing one coax line?

Never mind I see you allready answered that. Still jet lagged from long trip:nono2:

#5 OFFLINE   chrisjs

chrisjs

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:50 PM

In the Quick facts there is a section on :

Optional TV1/TV2 stereo Agile
modulated output sends TV1 and TV2’s
signals to multiple televisions via the
home coaxial cable distribution.

Is this an option that I have to order or does the standard coax connector give this capability?

My configuration is coax to what will be my TV2 system.

#6 OFFLINE   Rogueone

Rogueone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:05 PM

wait, so that modulated signal thing will send both outputs of TV1 and TV2 along the cable? so if you don't need to watch 3 TV's at once, you could feed any 2 TV's different channels around the house?
Regards,

RogueOne
Dish VIP622, 4/4/06; ex 921 owner, 2/04 to 3/06
Dish 501 (soon to upgrade to 722) :D
HD OTA (Washington DC): WRC-DT 1&2, WTTG-DT, WJLA-DT 1&2, WUSA-DT 1&2, WETA-DT 1-4, WBDC-DT 1&2, MHz 1-4, ION 1-7, WDCA-DT, and others i don't care about

spam firewall