Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Digital Cable & Dish 811

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lacruz

lacruz

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 02:33 PM

I have an 811 with Dish & also have cable. I run the cable line in my home through the 811 and can view the cable channels as my "locals" on the lower channels through Dish 811.

My question is: If I get Digital Cable (and a Cable Receiver) from my cable company, can I then run the same type of setup that I have now? I want to get some digital stations that Dish does not offer. Will the 811 still be able to receive the signal from the cable company receiver and then allow to watch the channels via Dish? Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp

Analog Geek in a Digital World

• Super Moderators
  • 10,041 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 09 February 2006 - 03:13 PM

Well here's the answer to the question I feel your asking.

No, you will not be able to control a digital or HD cable box integrated through your 811's EPG. However, you could feed a regular cable box through the 811's back panel Video 1 or 2 inputs (composite only). The tuner would however still be separate and would not be integrated into the 811's EPG.

#3 OFFLINE   bigrick

bigrick

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 11:23 PM

if you feed the loop to the 811 ant in and then do as Jason says, you'll see the channels as you do now (analog) in the epg, and then the RCAs run to one of the back inputs for the digital stations. Of course you'll need to use the cable remote, or program the dish remote to change the cable box stations.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...