Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

All timers got erased. Restored after reboot.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   svrider

svrider

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:25 PM

Yesterday I came home to discover that all my scheduled timers were missing on the 942. We record "Earl" & "Office" and both were missing. Going into history showed all the stuff we had seen until Wed night & then nothing. I rebooted it and everything came back. Except of course, no Office or Earl & no mention of missed recording.

We've had a few other hiccups but nothing like this. My wife also tried some manual recording before reboot & it wouldn't accept it. No reason or error message. I was just thinking how reliable a satellite dvr was over my pc (beyondtv/fusion) and now this happens! :(

Anyone experience something like this? Is this a bug in the new software? Man, what with the hike in their HD package & such bugs, I am really getting pissed off with Dish. :bang

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jon Spackman

Jon Spackman

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:31 PM

what do you have in the way of power filtering and/or battery backup on your 942?

Also what about heat? Do you have some space for airflow under your 942? The 942 can run hot if there is not at least say 1/2-1inch of airflow under it. Especially if it is in a closed cabinet or sitting on top of a amplifier, etc.

Power and heat are the two biggest enemies of the 942 and have been known to cause out of the ordinary issues if the unit has sloppy power or overheating problems.

Jon

#3 OFFLINE   svrider

svrider

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:19 PM

I have all my equipment connected to a Monster HTS3500 power center. The 942 sits on shelf by itself with atleast 5-6 inches of clearance on top. Its not a closed cabinet too so I don't think heat is an issue.

#4 OFFLINE   Mike Johnson

Mike Johnson

ViP622/ViP722 Guy

• Gold Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:00 PM

The air intake is on the bottom of the unit, so make sure it has free airflow. Several of us here have raised the unit up a little with taller rubber feet, which has helped to keep the unit cooler and more reliable.
ViP722 DVR: L612RJKD-N / 1415RJKD - Single User Mode
ViP622 DVR: L612RBDD-N / 1710RBDD - Dual User Mode
SATS: 61.5/110/119/129 all DishPro Plus with DPP44
TV: Sony KD-34XBR960 CRT HDTV
Dish Network Customer since April 1998

spam firewall