Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Software Upgrade: 2/10/2006 ->Software Versions (109f, 1031) ONLY!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:19 PM

What a cool day... Winter Olympics Start, Today is my birthday... and the 109f software update has been pushed into the data stream.

As Wolfpack found out earlier today: http://www.dbstalk.c...86&postcount=68

The Humax Units (Manufacture code: 500) have a new software version, 109f.
The Philips Units (Manufacture code: 300) have a new software version, 1031. (first seen on 2/14/2006)
They are functionally identical

Here is a list of some of the things addressed in this release..

-) Hard Disk Space Monitor. At times, the hard drive monitor would not accurately reflect the true amount of free space. This led to the possiblity of shows being "cleared" out, when they didn't need to be.

-) Improved logic to detect shows that are available for Series Link options

-) Corrections in the stability of the Trick Play

-) Improved logic for the Series Links (note the word improved.... more on that later)

-) Resetting of the Default record options

-) Overall stability of the box....

The Series Link recording logic has been imporved, but it is not perfect yet. Instead of sitting on this release for a few more weeks, it was decided to push it out now... and follow up with another release in a few weeks to continuely fix the Series Link.

With that said.... I will soon be closing the previous threads on "bugs", and start a new set... to reflect the software change version... this way we can keep a consitant handle on when bugs are fixed, or introduced. (I will do that tomorrow..)

Earl
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DesignDawg

DesignDawg

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:49 PM

Swiz-eeeeeeeeet.

:)

[EDIT] Downloading....5%....10%....

Oh yes. FINALLY. Thanks for the heads-up, EB. I saw your nonchalant little mention in the other thread. ;)

Ricky

#3 OFFLINE   sjniedz

sjniedz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:56 PM

What a cool day... Winter Olympics Start, Today is my birthday... and the 109f software update has been pushed into the data stream.

As Wolfpack found out earlier today: http://www.dbstalk.c...86&postcount=68

The Humax Units (Manufacture code: 500) have a new software version, 109f.
(I don't know if the Philips version has been put in the stream yet, or what it's version number is).

Here is a list of some of the things addressed in this release..

-) Hard Disk Space Monitor. At times, the hard drive monitor would not accurately reflect the true amount of free space. This led to the possiblity of shows being "cleared" out, when they didn't need to be.

-) Improved logic to detect shows that are available for Series Link options

-) Improved logic for the Series Links (note the word improved.... more on that later)

-) Resetting of the Default record options

-) Overall stability of the box....

The Series Link recording logic has been imporved, but it is not perfect yet. Instead of sitting on this release for a few more weeks, it was decided to push it out now... and follow up with another release in a few weeks to continuely fix the Series Link.

With that said.... I will soon be closing the previous threads on "bugs", and start a new set... to reflect the software change version... this way we can keep a consitant handle on when bugs are fixed, or introduced. (I will do that tomorrow..)

Earl

Hi,

I am new to dbstalk. What a great resource. I am assuming the software upgrade does nothing to address the 30 second skip feature? I have emailed DirecTV concerning the issue just to complain. The more people that complain, the more likely they will resolve the problem.

Happy Birthday by the way.

-Steven

#4 OFFLINE   DesignDawg

DesignDawg

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:08 PM

Hi,

I am new to dbstalk. What a great resource. I am assuming the software upgrade does nothing to address the 30 second skip feature? I have emailed DirecTV concerning the issue just to complain. The more people that complain, the more likely they will resolve the problem.

Happy Birthday by the way.

-Steven

The problem? It's not a problem. They have (thus far) chosen not to include this feature. You bought it knowing it didn't have this feature. Read up...

[EDIT]OK...It went through the entire download process and rebooted, but it still says 109a!? Argggghhh. Anything special I should know about getting it to go to f?

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:17 PM

The 109f does not address the 30s "skip" feature, request...
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   sjniedz

sjniedz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:24 PM

It is a problem if the product is not proving the service people are expecting of it. True I knew the feature did not exist, however the original Ultimate TV did not have caller ID either and they later installed it. If enough people complain, they will provide the service.

#7 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:52 PM

The problem? It's not a problem. They have (thus far) chosen not to include this feature. You bought it knowing it didn't have this feature. Read up...

[EDIT]OK...It went through the entire download process and rebooted, but it still says 109a!? Argggghhh. Anything special I should know about getting it to go to f?

Other then being patient... :D :D :D
DirecTV software role outs (at least initially) take a few days to make it to all the boxes....
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#8 OFFLINE   DesignDawg

DesignDawg

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:57 PM

Other then being patient... :D :D :D
DirecTV software role outs (at least initially) take a few days to make it to all the boxes....

Patient? What is this patient you speak of? Don't you know I'm the one who visits this site almost ENTIRELY just for the reason of being alerted to an update?? :) Why else would I be here at midnight? Patience is easy for someone to talk about when they've had 109f for weeks now...:hurah:

Or...uh...I mean. You know. No you haven't. How could you? What was I thinking?:nono: ;)

Ricky

#9 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:04 AM

Why else would I be up at midnight, but to tinker with the new software version...

And the fact the wife and son already fell asleep...:(
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#10 OFFLINE   Bobman

Bobman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 10:23 AM

Not in my area yet, drats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 10:57 AM

Not in anyone's area yet.

So sorry folks. Just checked in since yesterday and once I read this stuff I had to recheck my notes. R15 arrived with 108f, upgraded to 109a. I knew I had an "f" in there somewhere.

Please forgive!!!!

:kickbutt: Go ahead, I deserve it.

Oh, Earl: :hb:

#12 OFFLINE   cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 11:27 AM

What is the Trick play?

Happy B-day Earl.

#13 OFFLINE   grifta67

grifta67

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 11:57 AM

OK, help me out with this 02468 code. I tried once when 109a came out and couldn't get it to work. I couldn't even get it to download the current version I already had. And now, I've tried again and I still can't. I've looked through the entire codes thread with no help.

I'm going into the setup and hiting "restart" and then doing 02468 on the very first welcome screen that comes up. Sometimes I'll try doing it at every screen that comes up, and still nothing.

So which of the three screens is it done at?
"Hello. Your DIRECTV receiver is starting up."
"Almost there... just a few minutes more."
(Blank screen for a few moments)
D*+ logo and "Aquiring info from the satelite.

#14 OFFLINE   AppliedAggression

AppliedAggression

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:06 PM

It does work, restart the receiver through the setup menu, and when Hello appears, pres 02468 and nothing else. Just wait and it should start downloading. You can't press any other keys at any point besides 02468.

But... THERE IS NO NEW SOFTWARE IN THE STREAM. Wolffpack made an innocent mistake and it's out of hand now.

#15 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:40 PM

Okay well... then maybe I am the only one... :D

As I certainly have 109f sitting on my system, and I was told that it was being put into the stream..... Hopefully we will start seeing more this weekend...

If not... I would count myself lucky and see what I can find out on Monday/Tuesday

Earl
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#16 OFFLINE   pjo1966

pjo1966

Godfather

• Registered
  • 341 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:46 PM

Okay well... then maybe I am the only one... :D

As I certainly have 109f sitting on my system, and I was told that it was being put into the stream..... Hopefully we will start seeing more this weekend...

If not... I would count myself lucky and see what I can find out on Monday/Tuesday

Earl

You're not the only one. I have 109f as well. I forced a download this morning.

Does this mean I can try to set up a Series Link to record a program istead of manual recording?

#17 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:49 PM

You're not the only one. I have 109f as well. I forced a download this morning.

Does this mean I can try to set up a Series Link to record a program istead of manual recording?

Yes... Series Link has been Improved, not perfected... So report back the results in the Series Link Issue thread...
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#18 OFFLINE   cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:07 PM

What is the Trick play?

Does anyone know what Earl was talking about?

#19 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 718 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:16 PM

Just forced a download, still 109A...

#20 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:25 PM

Does anyone know what Earl was talking about?

Sometimes I don't even know what I am talking about.

IIRC.. .Trick play is the feature that if you are on a show in the buffer for a long period of time (have it paused)... when it reaches the end of the 90 minute buffer... It will convert that show to a recorded program, and then continue with the buffer as normal.

Aka... If you forget you paused it, you won't loose it.... I think.

I will have to get re-confirmation of that on Monday.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

Protected By... spam firewall...And...