Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Can't add HD package online?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sp44

sp44

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 10:55 AM

I can't even change my Total Choice package at all. Did they recently change this so you have to call up?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dave1234

dave1234

Icon

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 11:27 AM

I can't even change my Total Choice package at all. Did they recently change this so you have to call up?

That depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If you were not a HD sub. before Feb. 1 you won't be able to activate a "legacy" HD receiver, I.E 942,921,811 etc. I would also assume if you're trying to change an exsisting HD sub. you'd have to call Dish as that's now a more unique change.
With the new packages, the state of subscribing or changing a sub. is confusing to say the least.

#3 OFFLINE   ScoB

ScoB

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 11:37 AM

That depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If you were not a HD sub. before Feb. 1 you won't be able to activate a "legacy" HD receiver, I.E 942,921,811 etc. I would also assume if you're trying to change an exsisting HD sub. you'd have to call Dish as that's now a more unique change.
With the new packages, the state of subscribing or changing a sub. is confusing to say the least.

Me thinks you are confusing D* with DISH here dave.

#4 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 11:50 AM

sp44,

What type of equipment is on your account? If you have not been an HD subscriber, the process may involve an equipment upgrade to actually receive HD. If you have already had HD equipment on your account, but had not subscribed to HD content, even though you have HD equipment you may be running into the same assumption - that upgrading from non-HD to HD would require an installation service call and can only be done by phone.

Sorry if I misinterpretted anything here.

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:48 PM

A few months ago, they pulled the HD Package Activation/Deactivation from the website.

Educated guess; They pulled it because too many peole where adding it for a day/hour, and then removing it.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   sp44

sp44

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:55 PM

Thanks Earl

Maybe if they had more programming they wouldn't have people doing that? :rolleyes:

#7 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:22 PM

sp44, people were doing that crap with the premiums as well IIRC...SO it really didnt have alot to do with programming....

#8 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:35 PM

sp44, people were doing that crap with the premiums as well IIRC...SO it really didnt have alot to do with programming....

Exactly... Hence why they now have a $10 fee if you don't keep the premiums for one full month.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#9 OFFLINE   dave1234

dave1234

Icon

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:54 PM

Me thinks you are confusing D* with DISH here dave.

Oops, I neglected to notice the Discussion area.... :) :)

#10 OFFLINE   sp44

sp44

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:26 PM

Yeah but I can still add those premiums right now online. I'm talking about the HD package.

#11 OFFLINE   sp44

sp44

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:04 PM

FYI, HD package is back online.

#12 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,840 posts
  • LocationWanye County PA

Posted 28 February 2006 - 05:40 PM

HD pack is back online.They just charge you $10 dollars if you downgrade before 30 days

#13 OFFLINE   sp44

sp44

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 05:49 PM

HD pack is back online.They just charge you $10 dollars if you downgrade before 30 days

Really? It's back online?

spam firewall