Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Where's my programming guide info?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   KKlare

KKlare

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 03:15 AM

Well if you want a 942 check this out!
http://www.radioshac...oductId=2185543

That is a dead end now.
-Ken

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:28 AM

Darn it! I got the 9 day guide back yesterday but it is back to the 2 day guide today.

#23 OFFLINE   David_Levin

David_Levin

Icon/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:51 AM

We're not necessarily going to need a 921 software update to fix this. They obviously changed something in the data stream that has annoyed the 921.

Perhaps it has something to do with the extra Olympics channels and will correct when they go away.
Bye Bye 921
Now playing with 2x 622s.

#24 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 854 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:58 PM

We're not necessarily going to need a 921 software update to fix this. They obviously changed something in the data stream that has annoyed the 921.
Perhaps it has something to do with the extra Olympics channels and will correct when they go away.

Actually, I think it is Echostars efforts to drive us 921 owners out of our cotton pickin minds to the point that we succumb to the siren call of the 622 and give up our $1000 boat anchors for an 18 month lease on something new and, maybe, better.

I'm back at two days. Nice picture, poor reception OTA, no HD locals, one OTA local in HD. Would the 622 improve this picture?????:confused:

#25 OFFLINE   sharond999

sharond999

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:32 PM

Just got off the phone with dish network customer service representative (and her supervisor). Word is the latest software revision wiped out the program guide for 921's. They're working on a software fix to restore it, but there's no timeline and no guarantees.

When I asked what my options were, hoping may be they would take pity on a longtime customer and send out a refurbished 942, I was offered the opportunity to wait three weeks for a VIP 622. And in the meantime?

How are we supposed to use DVR's without program guides to access recording? Use the program guides on our standard definition receivers, then setup manual recordings for each individual program?

If this is affecting others differently, I'd really liketo hear about your experience.

Thanks,

jc

I don't recommend setting up timers manually; this causes a whole new set of problems in itself. I just got a replacement 921 2 wks ago; I set up my timers manually, because of this lost 9-day guide issue--when a program records this way, it is listed wrong in the DVR list, for instance "24" came up as "Crossroads" (the program that played previous to "24". It really caused confusion when I went to erase the program and found it had three titles (Previous program/main program/post program). Setting the timer settings to "0" on the "minutes to record prior and post" did not fix the problem, either--another timer I set this way still came up with the wrong listing in the DVR recorded programs list. :confused:

#26 OFFLINE   socceteer

socceteer

Icon

• Registered
  • 558 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:15 PM

This is probably the 5th or 6th Thread of this subject.

YES MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING ON AND OFF PROBLEMS WITH THE GUIDE....mostly "ON".

I actually lost it, I called support , they asked me to unplug the unit and I got it back, then after a few ours I lost it again, Tried unplugging again and it did not work.

Is still say this is a plot to get us to convert to the 622.

I also say that we should all call and request a refund for everyday the problem exist. that may get it fix faster.
DVR 622 , DVR 510, HDTV 811
Satelites: 110,119,148,129 Switch 44

#27 OFFLINE   lujan

lujan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:08 PM

I also say that we should all call and request a refund for everyday the problem exist. that may get it fix faster.

I called and the CSR said he was working on the credit but there were phone problems on his end and we were disconnected. I don't know if the credit went through or not. I suppose I will wait until the next statement is available on-line and check then.

#28 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 05:25 PM

I called and the CSR said he was working on the credit but there were phone problems on his end and we were disconnected. I don't know if the credit went through or not. I suppose I will wait until the next statement is available on-line and check then.

Sounds fishy to me......
Hello, hello, Littleton..... crackle pop :blauesaug
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#29 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 05:29 PM

Sounds fishy to me......
Hello, hello, Littleton..... crackle pop :blauesaug

It smells fishy too:)

#30 OFFLINE   David_Levin

David_Levin

Icon/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:15 AM

Both of my 921 quides are back. I believe that the temporary universal HD also got turned off today.

Coincidence? We'll have to see if it holds.
Bye Bye 921

#31 OFFLINE   David_Levin

David_Levin

Icon/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:47 AM

Well, I shoulda known it wouldn't last.

One of my 921s was back to two days this morning (I didn't check the other).
Bye Bye 921

#32 OFFLINE   The Guv

The Guv

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:12 AM

I am having this problem also (only 2 days/about 48 hours) of programming listed on the guide.

I first noticed it last Sunday (I was only home due to work and vacation for 10 days during February) so I am not sure when the problem began. I noticed this morning that the guide was still messed up (not going beyond two days) so I did a button reboot and when that didn't work, I call Dish Tech support.

The tech had be do a power cord reboot and also a diag. test...still no guide data beyond 48 hours. He commented that he has seen this issue and filled out a report to go the the engineers about my problem. He said that it would likely require a sofware update to correct the problem.

Perhaps Dish Network should refund the DVR fee while their DVR doesn't work as advertised?

#33 OFFLINE   socceteer

socceteer

Icon

• Registered
  • 558 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:35 PM

Darn it! I got the 9 day guide back yesterday but it is back to the 2 day guide today.

On Tuesday I posted the same message and someone said "wait until tomorrow":lol:

He was right...It only lasted one day

Welcome to the club:lol:
DVR 622 , DVR 510, HDTV 811
Satelites: 110,119,148,129 Switch 44

#34 OFFLINE   lujan

lujan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:59 PM

Perhaps Dish Network should refund the DVR fee while their DVR doesn't work as advertised?

Yes, I called and got the credit which should show up on my next bill. The more people that call in for this credit, the quicker we'll get a fix, hopefully.

#35 OFFLINE   debpasc

debpasc

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:55 PM

I e-mailed Dish yesterday. My 921 is only about 6 months old and has never had a hardware problem, only issues with Dish software. I bought the 921 directlym from them, I have movie packages, HD program package, buy the guide, and use their auto-pay plan. I suggested they should do something to help high-end users like me. [It was recently revealed that NetFlix gives their high-end users (most active) less customer service (end of the list on movie distribution and slower distribution) to spend their efforts on the low-end users trying to get them to spend more. That may be what's going here, too. Why do anything for users like me who are already spending close to the max with them, they've already got me!] In my e-mail I suggested they are facing mass customer exodus, reports to consumer and federal communication agencies, large scale litigation or all three. I asked for a rebate on my DVR fees dating to inception and an even-up trade of my 6-month old 921 for the new 622. I know, HA,HA, HA. But, we have to start peppering them with demands. I also think I'm going to scale back on what I am doing for them each month -- I've eliminated one of my movie packages, I am going to cancel the guide, and I think I'll take myself off the auto pay -- if I don't get any satisfaction from them. In fact, maybe they should be paying me to be a test customer while they learn how to implement this technology!

spam firewall