Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Premium Movie Channels, Which one?
Posted 17 February 2002 - 09:46 AM
Ok, I've noticed most of you have Premium channels, If you had to pick 1 package, which on would you pick.
2.HBO The Works
3.MultiMAX from Cinemax
4.STARZ Super Pak
Is there that 1 channel it seems like you watch most in any one of these packages ?
Posted 17 February 2002 - 10:04 AM
I don't have any, but of those, I'd take the HBO package
Posted 17 February 2002 - 10:27 AM
I watch HBO and have had it in some fashion since 1980 (I know, cable had only one HBO channel until Digital). I have tried all packages and prefer HBO. Cinemax is really at the bottom because it shows lots of leftover movies. For example, 10 years ago when I had Cinemax, they showed movies such as 'The Cars That Eat People', a movie that was billed as "The Sequal to the Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes". The problem was that the movie was not a sequal and had hardly any dialogue in it. It was made in Australia. No wonder why koala bears hate Quantas now....lol . CineMax is also been called SkinMax because of its endless variety of topless and bottomless movies. Chances are that you'll find a movie every night starring Shannon Tweed or Andrew Stevens. I did hear of one person who is very satisfied with his CineMax: Gene Simmons. Gee, I wonder why?
Okay, ramble mode off now. Here's what I place in order:
Posted 17 February 2002 - 04:09 PM
I have none, but heres my rating of the the best to the worst.
1) Starz (They show a lot of movies I like)
2) HBO (would be #1 since I always wanted to see the Sopranos but since I can get that show OTA I'll bump it down to #2)
3) Showtime (Not a big fan of most Paramount movies but there are a few I like)
4) Cinemax (Hey TW, cut the porn and the rates of the other maxs and maybe Charlie will pick then up one day)
Posted 17 February 2002 - 04:21 PM
Everyone has their own reasons for picking one package over another but in my case I like Showtime because they show HDTV movies in their true aspect ratio. HBO crops wide 2.35:1 movies to fit 16X9. Drives me crazy!!!
Posted 17 February 2002 - 05:44 PM
I have HBO and Showtime for their original series. I couldn't care less about the movie content they both have, except for the HD channels, and then really on Showtime, as I really dislike what HBO does to the aspect ratio of 2.35:1 movies.