Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

R-15 records shows partially

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jb1957

jb1957

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:02 PM

I had a new one happen to me this week. I have a series link for "The Shield" It starts at 9pm on Tuesday, and runs til 10:04 or 10:06. I set up the series link to stop 15 minutes past the time to cover this. Last week, it started at 9:54, recorded for 31 minutes then stopped. The previous week, it started at 10:08...no where near the 9pm start time. However, when I set it to record The Shield starting at 10pm on Friday for a rerun, it work fine for 2 weeks in a row.

This week I missed "Lost" Have this set up as a series link. Checked my "to do" list earlier in the day, and it was scheduled. Got home late on Wednesday...no Lost, no explanation. Last week I scheduled "Flight 93" Did not record...but at least when I checked history, it told me "did not record"

Tech support has admitted to me that they have no understanding as to why shows don't record, and can offer me no time frame as to when it will be fixed. Big of them to admit that we, as owners of the R-15, are all guinea pigs. They said they would call me to let me know when it was safe to use the record feature, and after I demanded some sort of financial compansation, the credited my account for 6 months...$6 per month. Glad I have my old RCA with Tivo, and my trusty VCR's, so I will not miss "Lost" again.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...