Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

E* to D* Specific questions on 10-250, and R15 please help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dave26262

dave26262

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:27 AM

i am switching from Dish to Directv on Feb22. Can anyone tell me if you must have the phone line connected to these receivers to receive the program guide? Does the TIVO need this(10-250) or does the program guide come from the satellite like my DISH equiptment. thank you

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:50 AM

All D* receivers get their program guide form the satellite. All D* Tivo DVRs get their software update from the satellite. The phone line is needed to authorize the DVR to get the updates, however.

#3 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,913 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:49 AM

I believe the 10-250 requires a phone line for activation, but not thereafter. The R15 does not need a phone line at all, even for activation.

Carl

#4 OFFLINE   cadet502

cadet502

FHNSAB

• DBSTalk Club
  • 846 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 11:41 AM

I think that you will lose the capability to order PPV with your remote if you don't leave the phone line connected. I just order online anyway.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...