Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Program Guide only 24hrs!!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hitechluddite

hitechluddite

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 11:03 AM

Hey Y'all I Installed my R15 yesterday and went thru the entire setup & activation with no problems. The program guide went out till around 6PM Monday which is about normal for me lately. I used to get 7 days or more but over the past few months the guide dropped to 3 or 4 days. This morning I wanted to set it to record a show on Monday night and it's still not in the guide! I don't think this is really a R15 problem but it is getting ridiculous, only having a program guide for 24hrs....... What can I do to get my guide populated?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 11:15 AM

If you put the box into standby you will usually get the full guide after about 6-10 hours of it being off. With it on all the time it can take 24-48 hours for the guide to completely populate. Also seeing as this is a new box it may have received one or more software upgrades in which case the box will reboot itself again causing you to only have about 1 days worth of guide until it's reboot. Check the system info and see when your last update was and what version you're on now.

#3 OFFLINE   hitechluddite

hitechluddite

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 11:21 AM

Kanyon, I tried to force the update this morning but I'm still on 109a. I did read in bed last night that it will do timed recordings when turned off but I didn't get up and turn it off. I will shut it down tonite and hopefully tommorrow morning I'll be OK.

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 12 February 2006 - 12:26 PM

If you just installed it in the last 24 hours or so, you have to wait a day or two for the guide to fully populate out to the 14 days....

#5 OFFLINE   hitechluddite

hitechluddite

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 01:25 PM

So am I to expect the R15 to have a better populated guide than my old RCA 435?
Like I said over the past few months anything beyond 4 days was NOT the norm on it.

#6 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 01:38 PM

After 24 hours, you should have pretty much a full 14 days worth of guide data.

Unless your system is constantly restarting... 4 days... is WAY too low
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#7 OFFLINE   Malibu13

Malibu13

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:55 PM

Hey Y'all I Installed my R15 yesterday and went thru the entire setup & activation with no problems. The program guide went out till around 6PM Monday which is about normal for me lately. I used to get 7 days or more but over the past few months the guide dropped to 3 or 4 days.

You stated that you "installed your R15 yesterday" ?.......but you use to get 7days or more and over the past few months it dropped to 3-4 days. :confused:

What actual receiver are you referring to?...........as Ebonovich said, you should see the data repopulated on the R15 within a day, considering that you are not constantly "rebooting" for some reason. Place the R15 in "standby" when you have finished using it for the evening or whenever, and this will speed up the normal "housekeeping" functions of the receiver, which should allow the guide data to repopulate quicker.

#8 OFFLINE   hitechluddite

hitechluddite

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:23 AM

Donnie, My old RCA435 recveir is the one I was talking about in the past.

I left the R15 on all night and my guide is no populated for over 10 days This is good!

What is not good is in the program guide now when I bring a show up and get info on it only the year shows, no firstrun date. This was a nice feature Just knowing the year doesn't tell you much Reading thru the manual I have found no way to change this, is it possible to get the first run date back?

#9 OFFLINE   ISWIZ

ISWIZ

Icon

• Registered
  • 801 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:37 AM

I left the R15 on all night and my guide is no populated for over 10 days This is good!

What is not good is in the program guide now when I bring a show up and get info on it only the year shows, no firstrun date. This was a nice feature Just knowing the year doesn't tell you much Reading thru the manual I have found no way to change this, is it possible to get the first run date back?

Not that's been found. It's one of those things that many miss from other boxes and have suggested be improved with updates.
Dave

DTV HR22-100 (Primary)
DTV R16-300 (Secondary)

DTV R16-300
(Gathering dust in a closet)

#10 OFFLINE   hitechluddite

hitechluddite

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:47 PM

Not that's been found. It's one of those things that many miss from other boxes and have suggested be improved with updates.

That sux! Time to find the suggestion thread! I'll look thru the forum then go to directs' site and send them an email on it.:rolleyes:

#11 OFFLINE   Malibu13

Malibu13

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for the clarification. ;)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...