Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

how to manually add ota digital channels

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bdmd

bdmd

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:04 PM

How can I manually add an ota digital channel in order to see if I can get the signal? Specifically if the channel is one with a decimal (like 30.1). I did my manual digital channel scan and it detected and added 5 local ota digital channels. However, I want to see if I can get any signal on some distant ones, but their digital call numbers have a decimal, and the "add digital channel" screen only allows up to 2 digits. Is there any other way to do it if the channel is not picked up on the initial scan? Any input will be appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mikey

Mikey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:11 PM

Forget about the decimal. The tuner will find any subchannels. Just enter the number for the primary, without a decimal.

#3 ONLINE   John W

John W

Icon

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:17 PM

How can I manually add an ota digital channel in order to see if I can get the signal? Specifically if the channel is one with a decimal (like 30.1). I did my manual digital channel scan and it detected and added 5 local ota digital channels. However, I want to see if I can get any signal on some distant ones, but their digital call numbers have a decimal, and the "add digital channel" screen only allows up to 2 digits. Is there any other way to do it if the channel is not picked up on the initial scan? Any input will be appreciated.

And of course you need to be entering the channels "digital" channel number.You should be able to find that at their website or elsewhere on the net.

#4 OFFLINE   docproc

docproc

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:28 PM

Is there a way to manually add channels higher than 99?? My HD Locals are 702-712 because I can't get the local HDs via antenna so I have to get them through the local cable company. Am I missing something in the manual??
I get my locals through my cable card but I would love to record them on my 942.

#5 OFFLINE   Mike Johnson

Mike Johnson

ViP622/ViP722 Guy

• Gold Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:36 AM

Is there a way to manually add channels higher than 99?? My HD Locals are 702-712 because I can't get the local HDs via antenna so I have to get them through the local cable company. Am I missing something in the manual??
I get my locals through my cable card but I would love to record them on my 942.

The 942 is only capable of receiving analog cable, so I'm afraid you won't be able to view those channels on your 942.
ViP722 DVR: L612RJKD-N / 1415RJKD - Single User Mode
ViP622 DVR: L612RBDD-N / 1710RBDD - Dual User Mode
SATS: 61.5/110/119/129 all DishPro Plus with DPP44
TV: Sony KD-34XBR960 CRT HDTV
Dish Network Customer since April 1998

#6 OFFLINE   Jon Spackman

Jon Spackman

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:52 AM

Mike is correct, to view those digital cable channels you would need a QAM tuner, and I dont know of any dish box that will decode QAM HD. Have to wait until dish adds local HD thru sat in your area.....

Protected By... spam firewall...And...