Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

942 Caller ID

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dublus

dublus

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:31 PM

Caller ID works on everything in the house (including a 322 receiver) except the 942. Are we just 'lucky' or is the 942 buggy with CID?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   PHANTOM_MADMAN

PHANTOM_MADMAN

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:45 PM

Caller ID works on everything in the house (including a 322 receiver) except the 942. Are we just 'lucky' or is the 942 buggy with CID?

Hi,
Well My 942 takes 4-5 Rings before it pop's up who is calling my 625 is a hit and miss my 721 Pop's up within 1 ring my 301 1 ring. so i think it is software related.

#3 OFFLINE   dublus

dublus

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:16 PM

Hmmm... in the four months since we got our 942 I think I've seen CID work maybe two or three times even after ringing long enough for the machine to pick up (6 rings). Guess this is not a feature to be counted on.

#4 OFFLINE   sbuko

sbuko

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:45 PM

Yep. There is an older thread about this. You might find it by searching. But as I recall just about everyone with a 942 has CID issues. Seems like it used to work fine until a software update.

Mine works consistently, but it's always after 4 rings or so. By then it's not useful. Hopefully the 622 will work right.

#5 OFFLINE   Foxbat

Foxbat

Legend

• Registered
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:05 PM

Mine will display CID info between the 2nd and third rings. My 811 and my CID phone show info after the first ring.
--Roland W. Fox

#6 OFFLINE   cuquiandgus17

cuquiandgus17

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:21 PM

make sure you have phone line connected to your box

#7 OFFLINE   bavaria72

bavaria72

I am one too!

• Gold Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:27 PM

My 942 works like clockwork. After the 2nd ring, pops up every time. Might want to do dial out test to see if there is an issue. Then other things like do you have DSL, if so do you have the filter for the 942? Things like that. You might also change phone jacks it is plugged into. I had that problem with the wiring outside going bad on the phone jack my E* receivers were plugged into. I ended up getting a wireless modem, nary a problem since then.
I'm back! Needed more than 1 HD feed.

#8 OFFLINE   Jerry 42

Jerry 42

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:22 AM

If you have DSL you might try 2 filters back to back between wall jack and box. It works for some - like me. Might want to check older threads as suggested above.

#9 OFFLINE   dublus

dublus

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:50 PM

Nope, no DSL. The 942 is just connected to a regular phone jack like everything else in the house. Dial out test works fine every time.

We have a phone in the kitchen, next to the family room where the TV is that announces the number of the person calling so not a huge issue if the 942 doesn't work right. Just an annoyance.

#10 OFFLINE   srrobinson2

srrobinson2

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 06:49 AM

There is an older thread about this. My 522 displays CID information on the second ring. My 942 displays it after 4 (as the machine grabs it). The only think it's useful for is to see who is leaving you a message.

It seems that once the 622 was announced that all work to correct bugs on the 942 stopped. I noticed a similar phenomenon with the 921 when the 942 was released, so I traded up.
[Signature removed by request because it contained too much useful information.]

Protected By... spam firewall...And...