Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

RS antennas $ 4.97 !!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   KY_Bill

KY_Bill

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 12:06 PM

I went to the local Radio Shack in Florence KY looking for the VU210 that was said to be cleared out for $ 10.00.
First off, the antenna was not $ 10.00, it was $ 4.97!
That Shack didnt have the antenna, though the Cherry Grove RS ( Eastgate area of Cinci) had one, and Mount Washington and Northgate Mall.
The Florence RS store DID have a VU110 XR for ...$ 4.97 !!!UNADVERTISED closeout sale.
So you might wish to check out your local Radio Shack Stores for the VU 110XR,VU210 and what ever other outdoor antenna they might have, for that price Its worth it, even if you cant put up antennas outside, use the attic.
Remember you have to go to the stores and ask them to look in the back, this won't be in a ad in a paper.
WLKY 32 Louisville KY comes in real nice now all the time! They cover KY news from around the state better than the Cincinnati stations. IMO:D
You can get more than just your local TV stations.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   AJ2086

AJ2086

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 05:20 PM

RS Antennas are crap.
AJ

XM Customer Since: 12/28/02
D* Customer Since: 2/6/03
Tivo User Since: 11/12/03

#3 OFFLINE   Martyva

Martyva

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 03 August 2002 - 08:17 AM

i'm not getting up on a soapbox for Radio Shack, but i believe a lot of their equipment is OEM. Does anyone know the manufacturer of their antennas, then we could also label those antennas as crap.:hi:
Yes i'm deaf

#4 OFFLINE   dlsnyder

dlsnyder

Godfather

• Registered
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 August 2002 - 01:26 PM

FWIW I read in another forum somewhere that most of the RS antennas are made by Channel Master.

I have had a RS antenna on my house for about 7 years now and have had no trouble with it. Of course it has only rained about a dozen times since then. About the only weather we get is the occasional fog and seasonal gusty winds up to about 40-50 mph or so.

When I put it up I sprayed it with clear laquer (about $0.99 at Wal-Mart). Some professional installer told me years ago that it will help keep a cheap antenna from getting those oxidation bumps on it. And so far it has worked for me! :D

#5 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 02:42 PM

Personally I think its unfair to say one antenna is crap, it all depends were you live. I used to use those $40 rabbit ears from Philips that Walmart sells. They work wonderful on my moms TV in the living room but I cant get anything on them 60 feet away in my bedroom. Wheater it's Trek, Terk clips ons, RS, channel master or whoever, the number one factor on how an antenna works for you is geographic location, and how well your antenna is tweaked, It only takes a few inches to ruin perfect reception. (I know this from experience).
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#6 OFFLINE   MarkA

MarkA

God Bless America!

• Gold Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 05:48 PM

I have one of those Philips rabbit ears on my computer. It's worthless sitting on my computer, but I set it up in my closet and it works okay!

spam firewall