Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Problem with HD on 811?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   khearrean

khearrean

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 517 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 14 February 2006 - 07:14 PM

Would be interested if you see any difference when changing modes. When I do it the size of the guide changes and I can notice it.

When you say changing modes, are you referring to the HDTV set-up menu in the 811? If so, I tried this awhile ago & I noticed I saw no difference between 1080i & 720P, neither in the PQ nor did the EPG look any different. (I thought this was a little unusual). However when I changed over to 480p in the 811's set-up menu, the EPG became huge. I cannot say I saw any noticeable difference in PQ.

Ken
The optimist claims the glass is half full; the pessimist claims it is half empty. An engineer observes that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 07:41 PM

That is what I mean.. That would make me think something is happending in the 811 in terms of chaning video modes. Suprised you don't see a difference with 720p and 1080i. I do whenever I have done that excercise.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#23 OFFLINE   khearrean

khearrean

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 517 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 14 February 2006 - 08:37 PM

That is what I mean.. That would make me think something is happending in the 811 in terms of chaning video modes. Suprised you don't see a difference with 720p and 1080i. I do whenever I have done that excercise.

Hmmmmm....Or maybe that's just the point...Could this possibly be indicating a problem? The fact that I don't see any difference between 1080i & 720p doesn't seem right. Is it possible the 811, for whatever reason, is no longer actually showing 1080i? Could it be hung in 720p? Again, just thinking out loud as I go..

Ken
The optimist claims the glass is half full; the pessimist claims it is half empty. An engineer observes that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

#24 OFFLINE   khearrean

khearrean

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 517 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 15 February 2006 - 07:39 AM

Ron:

If it's ok, I'd like to send you a PM regarding this so as not to tie the board up...

Ken

Protected By... spam firewall...And...