Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622 Frustration

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stickboy

Stickboy

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 05:18 PM

I ordered a 622 on February 1st like everyone else, my current system is a 501. Good news is that I received the 622 box today and unfortunately did not get a upgraded dish. Therefore with only a 500 dish I will be unable to get any HD Programming and the earliest they can install a Dish 1000 is Late April. Do you guys have any advice?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 05:33 PM

The dishes and switches included in the install cost are supplied by the installer as they are needed, that is why you did not get them with the ViP-622. With only a 500 setup you will not have the new MPEG4 channels or the Voom channels but you would have the original HD channels from Dish (i.e. HDNet, HDNet Movies, Discovery, ESPN-HD, HDPPV, Showtime-HD and/or HBO-HD as well if you subscribe to those packages).

If you haven't already I would try and see if you can get your install date moved up now that you have your 622 in hand.
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

#3 OFFLINE   twohourride

twohourride

Mentor

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 08:31 PM

Where are you in Texas stickboy? I had mine (622 and Dish1000) installed today, I am in DFW.
WRECK 'EM TECH!

#4 OFFLINE   Stickboy

Stickboy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:48 PM

I live in DFW (North Fort Worth) maybe it will be no trouble. I will find out on the 21st when the installer comes out, can't really trust anything Dish CSRs tell you, everytime I ask I get a different answer.

#5 OFFLINE   Bogey62

Bogey62

Godfather

• Registered
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:11 PM

The dishes and switches included in the install cost are supplied by the installer as they are needed, that is why you did not get them with the ViP-622. With only a 500 setup you will not have the new MPEG4 channels or the Voom channels but you would have the original HD channels from Dish (i.e. HDNet, HDNet Movies, Discovery, ESPN-HD, HDPPV, Showtime-HD and/or HBO-HD as well if you subscribe to those packages).

Let me ask what might be an elemental question...

I have a Dish 500 (twin LNB), but not the second dish pointing to 61.5. I can't have a Dish 1000 since I am in the Northeast (Buffalo, NY).

If the installer adds the second dish (61.5) will I get all available HD channels?

Bill (Bogey62)
Hopper w/Sling + Joey
Sirius Sportster 4 Replay

#6 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:47 PM

Let me ask what might be an elemental question...

I have a Dish 500 (twin LNB), but not the second dish pointing to 61.5. I can't have a Dish 1000 since I am in the Northeast (Buffalo, NY).

If the installer adds the second dish (61.5) will I get all available HD channels?

Yes.
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

#7 OFFLINE   Bogey62

Bogey62

Godfather

• Registered
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:33 PM

Yes.

Thanks, Rob.

Bill (Bogey62)