Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

how does PPV work on the R-15?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   speedy4022

speedy4022

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:26 AM

I have a newbie question how do you record a PPV movie and only pay when you watch it?
Mike
Directv user since 96 :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DesignDawg

DesignDawg

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:28 AM

I have a newbie question how do you record a PPV movie and only pay when you watch it?

It's simple. Set it to record, and when you watch it, it will basically say "Are you sure you want to watch this? It's going to cost you $3.99." You say yes, and it plays. And once you pay for it, it's in your MyVOD to watch as much as you want just like any other show.

Ricky

#3 OFFLINE   speedy4022

speedy4022

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:30 AM

thanks for the info.
Mike
Directv user since 96 :)

#4 OFFLINE   fredo

fredo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:37 AM

Also, a recorded PPV that you haven't paid for and watched yet will expire after a while and automatically be deleted. Your MyVOD list will show when the PPV will expire and be deleted.

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:38 AM

FYI... that experation is like MONTHS out...
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   DesignDawg

DesignDawg

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:01 PM

Also, just to clarify, I think, like fredo said, the expiration date only applies to PPVs you have not watched and paid for yet. Once you have paid, I think it's yours to keep (At least it doesn't display an expiration date anymore).

Ricky

Protected By... spam firewall...And...