Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Lost 9 day guide

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   bobfreengel

bobfreengel

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:42 PM

03/01/06
I still have mine..It came back on the 28th of Feb. and it still holding!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#122 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:05 PM

Both of my 921's came back to 9 days some time today. This surprises me as they were both at 2 days or less this morning. Hopefully something was fixed but will have to see.
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

#123 OFFLINE   UTFAN

UTFAN

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:55 AM

Both of my 921's came back to 9 days some time today. This surprises me as they were both at 2 days or less this morning. Hopefully something was fixed but will have to see.

As of this morning, 9 day guide is back. Last night it was just two. But this has repeated several times.

This is sort of like being in an episode of LOST!:lol:

#124 OFFLINE   woofwoofmo

woofwoofmo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:24 AM

I had a new one for me with the guide last night. I had the 2 day guide, but after the first hour, every other channel listing line said "No Information Available". :confused: That lasted about 3 hours and I was back to the 2 day guide. Did not have time to check this morning.

#125 OFFLINE   kmcnamara

kmcnamara

Icon

• Registered
  • 860 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:14 PM

When is Dish going to fix this??? There's no excuse for techs still telling customers to do a smartcard reboot to try to fix it.

Hopper w/ Sling, Hopper 2000, 1 Joey

#126 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:58 PM

Very strange. Samething today. Looked in the morning and only had 2 days guide. Came home tonight and 9 days was back.
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

#127 OFFLINE   eclipsetrb

eclipsetrb

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:11 PM

yeah and mine is doing no info today 9 day yesterday 2 day the day before its crap, its random, dish customer service sucks, and they dont care cause they just figure all the dumn ass 921 owners will switch to 622's on APRIL FOOLS DAY and they come out on top cause they then get us into sighning hd packages and commiting for 18 months......

Bend over and open wide

#128 OFFLINE   UTFAN

UTFAN

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:20 AM

yeah and mine is doing no info today 9 day yesterday 2 day the day before its crap, its random, dish customer service sucks, and they dont care cause they just figure all the dumn ass 921 owners will switch to 622's on APRIL FOOLS DAY and they come out on top cause they then get us into sighning hd packages and commiting for 18 months......

Bend over and open wide

Our 9 Day is back, 2nd day in a row. WOW! (I know, I'm setting the bar a tad low these days)

Did anyone have problems with CBS HD/East last night? We had all sorts of break-up, freezes and LOS for a couple of hours.

#129 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:42 AM

On 03-02-06 one of my 921's had the 9 day guide for a couple of hours. it is back to the 2 day guide today. We can expect a software fix pretty soon.

#130 OFFLINE   kmcnamara

kmcnamara

Icon

• Registered
  • 860 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:46 AM

We can expect a software fix pretty soon.

Is this opinion or have you heard something official? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

#131 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:07 AM

Is this opinion or have you heard something official? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Something official not opinion.

#132 OFFLINE   kmcnamara

kmcnamara

Icon

• Registered
  • 860 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:10 AM

Very good. Just hope the fix isn't "upgrade your 921 to a 622". :D

#133 OFFLINE   Jim Parker

Jim Parker

Icon

• Registered
  • 761 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:50 AM

I had the 9 day guide for a full 14 hours yesterday! How's that for setting the bar low? :nono: It was gone this morning of course.

I'm not holding my breath for a fix. Besides, once this problem is fixed something else will probably go wrong with the 921. I have accepted the fact that the 921 is the worst electronics equipment buy that I have made in 35 years.

With the long lead time for the 622, those who wait until April 1 probably won't get a 622 until May. Also, with the dropout problems on sat 129, the Voom channels are not available for us up here in Alaska. There's no telling when or even if 129 will ever work for me.

I stopped by the Direct TV installer yesterday after work, but they had already closed. I'll be out this afternoon, so I am going to see what they have to offer and also check the prices at the cable company. The cable company has a dual tuner HD box now.
A brief history of time: BANG!!!!! Expand. Expand faster. Forever. The End (With apologies to Hawking)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...