Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

xbox 360 directv blade- this could be the "client" part of the media extender!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   iansilv

iansilv

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:02 PM

I was at CES 2005 where Driectv was displaying their client/server hd dvr system where multiple clients would connect through an ethernet network to watch live tv and transfer dvr recordings around the home.

But this year at CES, the product was not shown.

Then- it was posted on joystiq thta xbox 360 will be getting a directv blade.

Imagine- one directv media reciever in your living room with 4 tuners conected, and an xbox 360 in each room to play both live directv and dvr recorded shows! If they could just get an hdmi cable for the xbox 360... As well as convince my wife that an xbox 360 should be on every tv for call of duty with everyone having their own screen!

Thoughts?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:43 PM

I was at CES 2005 where Driectv was displaying their client/server hd dvr system where multiple clients would connect through an ethernet network to watch live tv and transfer dvr recordings around the home.

But this year at CES, the product was not shown.

Then- it was posted on joystiq thta xbox 360 will be getting a directv blade.

Imagine- one directv media reciever in your living room with 4 tuners conected, and an xbox 360 in each room to play both live directv and dvr recorded shows! If they could just get an hdmi cable for the xbox 360... As well as convince my wife that an xbox 360 should be on every tv for call of duty with everyone having their own screen!

Thoughts?

Tell your wife that they had a really good deal if you bought 4 of them :) (or how ever many rooms you have)

spam firewall