Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Cd Usa

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lakers1

lakers1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:25 PM

Does Anybody Actually Watch This? It Seems Like Its Just A Lower Version Of Mtv Where There Is Actually More Than Hip Hop And They Actually Perform Live. Personally I Think It Sucks And I Can't Wait For The Network Live Channel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 04:18 PM

I watched about 5 minutes. That was it. Not sure what DTV's objective is with this.

#3 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 19 February 2006 - 04:26 PM

If this is the permanent replacement for freeviews, we got royally screwed..

;)

#4 OFFLINE   Bobman

Bobman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:28 AM

I record it every week. Usually there is 1 good group in there somewhere depending on what you like. For me, the first show had Buckcherry, 2nd POD and the last one had Korn.

#5 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:02 AM

THose groups arent appealing enough for me to even waste the HD space on. You must be about half my age then....arent there any decent newer rock bands out there at all? Buckcherry was OK the first time around, but this comeback will be lame....

#6 OFFLINE   durl

durl

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:38 AM

MTV crossed with The Disney Channel. Nope and Nope.

None for me, thanks.

#7 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 741 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:56 AM

If this is the permanent replacement for freeviews, we got royally screwed..

;)

I'm a new D* sub, what are freeviews?

BTW, I watch CD USA.

#8 OFFLINE   NVBlue

NVBlue

Legend

• Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:40 AM

Bring back pay per views on weekends and kill CD USA.

#9 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:56 PM

I'm a new D* sub, what are freeviews?

BTW, I watch CD USA.

They WERE concerts free to all a subscribers that D* showed on weekends and all december. SOme months they had some great artists...Starting on Friday, they would rotate 3, 4, or sometimes more concerts/music specials, many times of a newly released DVD, and then shut it off bright and early monday morning...New stuff every month, and december would be like a greatest hits showcase of the best of that year.....I think they had it for several years....

#10 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:33 PM

I don't know how many caught it, but there was a HD freeview of the John Mayer Trio in Jan., also available as a SD Freeview that month. I felt there was some promise, until we were presented the travesty that is CD USA. I have to wonder how many of the target audience for that show buys CDs.

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard Internet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device, Xbox 360 

#11 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:43 PM

I don't know how many caught it, but there was a HD freeview of the John Mayer Trio in Jan., also available as a SD Freeview that month. I felt there was some promise, until we were presented the travesty that is CD USA. I have to wonder how many of the target audience for that show buys CDs.

All of them after they get their allowances from their parents....

;)

#12 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:13 PM

if i just so happen to notice its on, i check to see who is going to be performing just in case its something i like. (happend once thus far). but since its been on, ive watched no more than a few mintues. wouldnt bother me a bit if D* removed it.

#13 OFFLINE   cobra2225

cobra2225

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:10 PM

Does Anybody Actually Watch This? It Seems Like Its Just A Lower Version Of Mtv Where There Is Actually More Than Hip Hop And They Actually Perform Live. Personally I Think It Sucks And I Can't Wait For The Network Live Channel.

just another wasted and CHEEP channel

Protected By... spam firewall...And...