Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Waht will my 622 set up be?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TOAST

TOAST

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:40 PM

When the installer comes (still not clear if installer is bringing a 622 as per csr allthough one allredy hear) tech will install 2ed dish to see 61.5. I now have a 500Quad.can any one tell me what new set up will be and what i should need? thanks for any help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,525 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:59 PM

When the installer comes (still not clear if installer is bringing a 622 as per csr allthough one allredy hear) tech will install 2ed dish to see 61.5. I now have a 500Quad.can any one tell me what new set up will be and what i should need? thanks for any help.

They'll locate and install whatever they have handy for the 61.5 look. Depending on obstructions, it may be located some distance away. The installer should have the right switch; probably a DP34 if less than five tuners. More tuners will probably earn you a DP44. To be more specific would require that you be more detailed about your receiver situation.

There really isn't much you can do in anticipation aside from making sure that the installer doesn't have to climb over (or crawl under) stuff to get where they need to go.

#3 OFFLINE   TOAST

TOAST

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:07 PM

thank you. I should have let you know I have a 510; 3700,and 7100 all feed by 1 line to each with a 4th line i added for moving a recver to basment as needed, no switches.

#4 OFFLINE   sunfire01

sunfire01

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:09 PM

They'll locate and install whatever they have handy for the 61.5 look. Depending on obstructions, it may be located some distance away. The installer should have the right switch; probably a DP34 if less than five tuners. More tuners will probably earn you a DP44. To be more specific would require that you be more detailed about your receiver situation.

There really isn't much you can do in anticipation aside from making sure that the installer doesn't have to climb over (or crawl under) stuff to get where they need to go.

Does the dpp34 support one line into the home into a seperator for the 622? Or is the dpp44 the only one?

Jason

#5 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:12 PM

Using the DPP Separator for 1-line installation of a dual tuner receiver requires a DishPro Plus switch. The only DPP switches are the internal DPP Twin and the external DPP44.

The DP34 is regular DishPro, there is no DPP34.

TOAST will likely end up with a DPP44 and DP LNBs.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#6 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,525 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:41 PM

Does the dpp34 support one line into the home into a seperator for the 622? Or is the dpp44 the only one?

You'll likely be getting a Dish1000 which will feed a single coax to a separator (grandly named broadband splitter) just outside the receiver. I would talk to the installer about the possibility that you may eventually need more than one cable. Two cables can be run for the same price as one and you don't want to have to pay later to run another cable or buy an expensive switch.

#7 OFFLINE   TOAST

TOAST

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:03 AM

Just got call from installer (install set for today 2/22) thay are running late.asked what hardware thay will bring and was told new lnb and 2 dp34s. dose this sound right? I asked about dpp44 because i now have 3 rec and the 622 . tec 5 rec.

#8 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:14 AM

Just got call from installer (install set for today 2/22) thay are running late.asked what hardware thay will bring and was told new lnb and 2 dp34s. dose this sound right? I asked about dpp44 because i now have 3 rec and the 622 . tec 5 rec.

So you have 4 receivers total? Any other dual tuner receivers? With a DP34 or cascaded DP34s, you will need to have 2 cables run to each dual tuner reciver (i.e. 622, 942, 921, 625, 721) plus 1 to each single tuner receiver.

If your only dual tuner receiver is the 622 and you have a DP34 setup you'll need 2 of them, and 5 cable runs. If you get a DPP44 setup you'll only need one of them, and 4 cable runs.

If you can get him to install a DPP44 switch you only need 1 cable run per receiver, even if it's a dual tuner receiver.

If you don't have the right amount of cabling running to your receivers you'll need that DPP44 switch, or he'll have to run new cabling into your house. You might want to call him back and make sure he has one for you.
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

#9 OFFLINE   TOAST

TOAST

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:23 PM

install today? 2/22 ,SORT OF? OK this is what i got. new dish 500 for 61.5, (installer came with wrong lnb, dish is UPSing one out so i can finsh install) 2-dp34s and 2 leg adapters for my 3700 and 7100 recevers. I am now trying to fig what thay did so i can set everything up to work for me.

spam firewall