Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Tellicomunication Pannel

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   directvfreak

directvfreak

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:11 PM

I live in a ranch home with no basement so all of my RG-6 cables are in a wad behind my house which doesn't look very nice. I would like to have my multiswitch and all the other satellite stuff put in a nice looking pannel mounted on the house. I currently have one of those small greay plastic boxes from when I had cable but my multiswitch and all the other wireing wont fit in it. Where can I find a weather proof box that I can mount thing it that will fit TONS of wires going in and out? Thanks to all!!!

Matt

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DTC mac

DTC mac

Legend

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:44 PM

Anixter or Graybar should have suitable enclosures.

BTW....

Telecommunications

#3 OFFLINE   NVBlue

NVBlue

Legend

• Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:48 PM

and panel.

#4 OFFLINE   Punkitup

Punkitup

AllStar/Supporter

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:40 AM

First off, be aware that the terms “weather proof” and “weather resistant” are two different things, and the former as you use here is usually a serious degree of complexity and cost compared to the latter.

If I were you I would go to a local electrical supply house and tell them what your requirements are, I am sure they would be able to suggest a solution for an enclosure and fittings, and even bring it out and let you open the box and look at it. That is provided you do not go there at 7:00-8:00 in the morning when every electrician who has an account with them is trying to fill his day's order, in which case they may not have quite as much time to commit to you. You do not need to be an electrician or have an account with them, they should be quite willing to deal with you on a cash sales basis, you are not going to get a trade or customer discount of course, but you should make out just fine price wise and certainly quality wise.

Peace
James – K1JMD

#5 OFFLINE   linger

linger

Legend

• Registered
  • 204 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:20 AM

try lowes or home depot, they have several things that will work for you
HR24-500
HR24-500
HR22-100
HR20-700
H21-100

#6 OFFLINE   slapshot1959

slapshot1959

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:39 AM

Can someone correct the thread title spelling!:rolleyes:

Telecommunication Panel

#7 OFFLINE   tsbrady1

tsbrady1

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:22 PM

If you go to an electrical supply house tell them you want a NEMA 4x plastic box, that will be gasketed and water proof, NEMA 12 is splashproof but I don't know if it is rated to be in the direct rain. If you have a WW Graingers near you they would probably have it too.

#8 OFFLINE   DTC mac

DTC mac

Legend

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 01:42 PM

Just for laughs....

All homes should be built with with a central minimum 10' X 10' telecomm closet with piped raceways to MPOE on all exterior walls of the dwelling and every room.

spam firewall