Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Sofware - 10A3??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:45 AM

Ok, at the risk or crying "wolff" a second time....did anyone else get a newer version of software last night? 10A3?

I've double and triple checked it. Original version is 108F (that's the what the unit came with). Past Upgrade is 10A3. Came in last night at 2:20am MST.

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:11 AM

:) No, you are not crazy or crying wolf.
I received an email late last night that it could happen soon.

Just didn't think it would happen 6 hours later.

The next software version numbers:
(10A3) - R15-500
(1035) - R15-300
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   ajseagles3

ajseagles3

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:15 AM

This is all well and good, but I still have 109a on my DVR that won't DVR.

Any way D* could release what bug fixes/enhancements are included in each release?

#4 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:16 AM

I am working on getting that list.

DirecTV doesn't "formally" generate release notes for each version
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   ajseagles3

ajseagles3

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:26 AM

Thanks, Earl. I wish you had some of the same problems as others like myself have had... not because it would cause you pain, but because I know it would help you understand the issues and communicate them better with the resources you know at D*.

If it was just me, I wouldn't have a big problem toying around with it, but my wife was resistant to switching from cable in the first place.

I would like to reiterate it's not all bad, and that the H20 we have downstairs is very nice. I'm a fan.

#6 OFFLINE   GunnySpook

GunnySpook

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:28 AM

I got 10A3 at 2:22A MST.

The Gunny

#7 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:32 AM

Thanks, Earl. I wish you had some of the same problems as others like myself have had... not because it would cause you pain, but because I know it would help you understand the issues and communicate them better with the resources you know at D*.

If it was just me, I wouldn't have a big problem toying around with it, but my wife was resistant to switching from cable in the first place.

I would like to reiterate it's not all bad, and that the H20 we have downstairs is very nice. I'm a fan.

Believe me... I feel your pain... You guys here do a pretty good job of detailing the problems and how they occur.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#8 OFFLINE   Bobman

Bobman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:38 AM

So what is this 10A3 update ? Just more bug fixes or anything of substance ?

#9 OFFLINE   cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:42 AM

I hope this is a good thing. And hopefully those of us who don't have any updates already will at least get something and won't have to wait another week or more to get a update.

#10 OFFLINE   wohlfie

wohlfie

Godfather

• Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:57 AM

Just curious if the people who have gotten this new update previously had the 109f we were all waiting till today for, or if they skipped from 109a directly to this newer update.

I am curious since the best info was that 109f would be in the main stream today, and now this newer version is out there.....so is 10A3 being rolled out on a limited basis and tyhe timing is coincidental/confusing, or is it a replacement for the full release of 109f that was supposed to be starting today?

Either way, I am anxious to see whats on my box when I get home tonight.....
but which should I "expect"?:lol:

#11 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:00 AM

Mine went from 109A to 10A3 this morning.

#12 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:00 AM

I was running 109a yesterday and upgraded to 10A3 overnight. No 109f.

#13 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:04 AM

The transport controls are working much better on the XM channels. I can pause and rewind live music!

#14 OFFLINE   ajseagles3

ajseagles3

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:07 AM

I'm still on 109a. My R15 works exactly like the D11 in the spare bedroom, except slower.

Hahaha.

#15 OFFLINE   bjflynn04

bjflynn04

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:10 AM

I still have 109a here.
Primestar Subscriber 97 to 99, Directv Subscriber since 1999, XM Subscriber since 12/18/2004.
My Setup updated March 2010

#16 OFFLINE   DesignDawg

DesignDawg

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:17 AM

The transport controls are working much better on the XM channels. I can pause and rewind live music!

You haven't been able to do this before? The R15 has always been able to pause, rewind, record, do whatever with the XM channels.

Ricky

#17 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 718 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:21 AM

I was still on 109A this morning when I left for work, with no future upgrade scheduled...

#18 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:21 AM

When I used the transport controls on XM it was hit or miss if it would work or not. The Title/Artist screen was also very funky. I couldn't get it to dispay song info after it disappeared from the screen (unless I changed channels). Now, pressing "INFO" works as I would have expected it to.

#19 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:41 AM

I spoke too soon I suppose. Tried rewinding about 20 minutes of audio to see what would happen. The meter started stuttering then POOF, it rebooted.

Now that it has rebooted, it is acting much like it did before :( I pressed pause, it paused. I pressed play and it stays paused but shows the > as if it is playing. I rewound the buffer to the beginning. It started to play then stopped. All I could do to get it to play again was change channels and go back.

Shoddy software was one of the major reasons I dropped Dish. I'm glad I bought 4 Tivos and one R15. The R15 is in my office so the DVR features are no big deal. I just expect the basic features (pause) to work properly.

#20 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:43 AM

I spoke too soon I suppose. Tried rewinding about 20 minutes of audio to see what would happen. The meter started stuttering then POOF, it rebooted.

Now that it has rebooted, it is acting much like it did before :( I pressed pause, it paused. I pressed play and it stays paused but shows the > as if it is playing. I rewound the buffer to the beginning. It started to play then stopped. All I could do to get it to play again was change channels and go back.

Shoddy software was one of the major reasons I dropped Dish. I'm glad I bought 4 Tivos and one R15. The R15 is in my office so the DVR features are no big deal. I just expect the basic features (pause) to work properly.

Just tried that on 10A3. Pressing pause pauses it for about 1 second and then it starts playing again. RR would stop audio for a second then start playing from the same point it stopped. Jump back would act like it was jumping (bar and stopped audio) but again would remain in the same place. Almost like there was no buffer yet there was 15 minutes worth.

Time to start the 10A3 bug thread?

spam firewall