Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Remote Control Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   debpasc

debpasc

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:37 PM

Two days ago my remote quit working. I had not ever gotten a low battery message. Mysteriously, it started working again but only for a few minutes. I did replace the batteries. I did do a power cord pull and re-plug. Still the same -- it works sometimes but only for a short while. Of course, I am also having the same problem with the Guide as everyone else in the country -- I only have a few hours worth. I am going to call tech about the remote and the guide, but I'm hoping to hear from some of you about the remote issue -- you are infinitely more reliable than tech!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lujan

lujan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:53 PM

Wish I could help, but I haven't had that problem...yet...

#3 OFFLINE   debpasc

debpasc

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:13 PM

They are sending a replacement remote -- an IR version. Of course, right now it's working fine. No info about remote issues from the conversation with the tech that are worth sharing here.

#4 OFFLINE   JPC

JPC

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:18 PM

RF interference? That might be what the tech was thinking by sending you an IR remote.

#5 OFFLINE   woofwoofmo

woofwoofmo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:12 PM

They are sending a replacement remote -- an IR version. Of course, right now it's working fine. No info about remote issues from the conversation with the tech that are worth sharing here.

Over the last two months I've had two remotes go bad. No warning, they were working fine one minute, then completely useless with the 921 the next. First replacement lasted about 3 weeks, and I've had the second replacement for a week. I'm just hoping it makes it until April.

#6 OFFLINE   debpasc

debpasc

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:01 PM

Remote now works. I have no clue why. The day after reporting here that it was a goner, it just started working fine. I did get the replacement IR remote (the next morning after talking to the Tech -- I wish all their service was that good!). I have not programmed the new IR remote. With this system, if something is working, best not to do anything.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...