Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Direct TV Plus DVR

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chippimp

chippimp

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:41 PM

Can comeone please tell me how to get my DVR to work with destackers. I have one line coming in my livingroom. The line comes into a 2-way splitter 5-2150mhz, (1 in 2 out) the two out are going to D575 dstackers to the input then from each dstacker, sat receiver out put i have each one going to sat 1 and then sat 2, this will not work any idea why. I have a DIRECT TV PLUS DVR, i believe i have a dual LNB, because when i run a cable from my bedroom to the living room it works.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   fredo

fredo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:54 PM

You have to turn on the destacker on the R15, which is explained how to do here, http://www.dbstalk.c...98&postcount=12

Also, you don't have a dual LNB. If you had a dual LNB, you wouldn't need to stack the signal, as each line from the dish would just go directly into the back of the DVR.

#3 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:25 PM

When you turn on the internal destackers...... disconnect your external destackers. Go straight from the splitter to the unit
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 ONLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,657 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:12 PM

Is your signal stacked to start with? The dish does not stack, you need a separate piece of equipment to do that.

I believe you need both lines from the dish going into the stacker. Then from the stacker output you can run a single line and split it to multiple destackers.

Carl

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:00 PM

Unless you are in an MDU (a condo, townhouse, apartment, type structure).

Or you know 100% that you have a stacker (as in, you know you installed it).

Then you may not have a stacker after all... as the stacking unit is about $150 or so (the destackers are less)
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

spam firewall