Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HBO, CINEMAX 6 MONTH OFFERS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mell30

mell30

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 12:28 PM

Hi there......i signed up with Directv in April of this year with a 1 year commitment they offered me hbo,cinemax for 6 months free i guess until october...i even added showtime and starz cause i love watching movies...now my question is ....can i ask them again for another 6 months when the freebie has expired...just thought i would ask.......thanks melanie:hi:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 12:29 PM

:lol:

You can ask... :D

#3 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 03:27 PM

Dish Network has also said that the offer has expired as of July 31st. I doubt they will do an exceptions as this was probably an offer with HBO helping out.

#4 OFFLINE   Snopple

Snopple

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 07:35 AM

Originally posted by mell30
Hi there......i signed up with Directv in April of this year with a 1 year commitment they offered me hbo,cinemax for 6 months free i guess until october...i even added showtime and starz cause i love watching movies...now my question is ....can i ask them again for another 6 months when the freebie has expired...just thought i would ask.......thanks melanie:hi:

Hey Mel,

Welcome to the forum. As someone already pointed out, you can always ask. I don't think any of these promotions are set in stone. If they value your business and are afraid you'll leave if you don't get another six months, they just may accommodate you.

But if you like movies, I think there better ways to spend your money. Netflix <http://www.netflix.com> allows you unlimited DVD rentals for about $20 a month. Keep the movies as long as you want, send it back when you're ready, and they'll you the next one on your list. This way you can get just the movies you want. Best of all, no due dates or late fees to worry about.

#5 OFFLINE   mell30

mell30

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 09:35 AM

Hey snopple...thanks for the welcome...i did see Netflix...i like their deal too but then..hubby pays the db bill so i just sit back and watch....great site....thanks again.......mel

#6 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 11:49 PM

Netflix a lot cheaper than all the movie channels but then you can watch the movie channels and more movies 24/7 with a lot less hassle. Two movie packages at ~$20 would be just as good wouldnt it?

#7 OFFLINE   mell30

mell30

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 10:55 AM

Hi jacob, yes it would but don't have a DVD player yet..i have it on the computer but can't sit in front of a computer monitor and enjoy the movie it isn't the same as sitting on a comfortable couch and watch it....and we live in a apt we are waiting to move in our house in the new year then hubby will get his big screen and surround sound and all the other goodies and then i will think about getting netflix.......lol

spam firewall