Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Software 0F06

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   linger

linger

Legend

• Registered
  • 204 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:59 PM

Did anyone notice the new software on the H20's?? I looked at mine this morning and noticed that it downloaded new software at 5:02am this morning. The new version is 0F06. I don't really see anything different yet...
HR24-500
HR24-500
HR22-100
HR20-700
H21-100

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:00 PM

Hmph.... been so busy with the R15 software updates, forgot to take a look at the H20...

Cool..
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   linger

linger

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 204 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:03 PM

Yeah, that is what made me look at my H20. I have been waiting for my R15 to update and it finally did last night. Then I remembered that the last time that my R15 updated, my H20 did too on the same night.
HR24-500
HR24-500
HR22-100
HR20-700
H21-100

#4 OFFLINE   Coastsider

Coastsider

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:56 AM

Did anyone notice the new software on the H20's?? I looked at mine this morning and noticed that it downloaded new software at 5:02am this morning. The new version is 0F06. I don't really see anything different yet...

I got the update as well early yesterday morning but don't have any indication as to what it may have addressed as the few remaining glitches I am experiencing with the S.F. Bay HD locals seem to persist. I'm glad DirecTV has chosen to leave my access to the West Coast HD feeds intact as my wife and I often switch to the L.A. channels to avoid them.

#5 OFFLINE   linger

linger

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 204 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:02 PM

Same deal here in VA. I have Fox and CBS from NY and often find myself switching to watch those stations rather than my locals mainly due to the audio problems with my MPGE4 locals.
HR24-500
HR24-500
HR22-100
HR20-700
H21-100

#6 OFFLINE   theandies

theandies

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:06 PM

I live in Warrenton and I have not had any audio/video problems with our local HD channels. I do notice on Discovery HD Theater there is an audio lag sometimes but not all the time.

#7 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,065 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:23 PM

After the upgrade I've edited my favorites list a couple of times and where the prior software would cause a reboot when scrolling through the list I haven't had it happen with the update.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#8 OFFLINE   theandies

theandies

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:15 AM

Where exactly do you find the fimware version? I know I could dig around the menus and find it but I'm lazy and if you tell me I can watch more HD!!!!!!

#9 OFFLINE   Igor

Igor

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:35 AM

<MENU><SETTINGS><SETUP>
these are already three button presses...
keep moving the fingers, you can do it...
<SELECT> (to select the info & test section)
put the glasses and read the version number ;-)

(If this does not work, try turning the TV and the Box ON first :-))

#10 OFFLINE   theandies

theandies

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:33 AM

Yup - Have it and it was downloaded to my H20 on Feb 21 @5:05 am. :joy:

#11 OFFLINE   digibob

digibob

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:23 PM

My H20 has been trying to download the upgrade for 2 days now and hasn't succeeded yet.:nono: It gets stuck in a loop that keeps showing errors.:mad: I haven't been able to use it for two days. I called D* 3 times today and got three different stories. It ends up they are going to send me a new unit. I am not happy about missing the rest of the Olympics:mad: :mad: :mad:

#12 OFFLINE   tsbrady1

tsbrady1

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:16 AM

digibob, the same thing happened to me, Atlanta was one of the 1st cities to get the update, mine would not take it, same senerio as you described, so I called D*after 2 days of this and they agreeded to send me a new box, so the next morning I get up and guess what, the upgrade finally went through! so when the box came in I just sent it back.

#13 OFFLINE   digibob

digibob

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:05 PM

It seems to be working now. It came back last night so I reset everything back to factory settings. But every hour it asked to download data from D*. :nono: I am afraid to let it do it because it might go back to the endless loop. Hopefully it will be ok tonight for the Olympics.:rolleyes: I will send this box back when I get the new one because it does run hot even in standby.:nono2:

#14 OFFLINE   Larry_Rymal

Larry_Rymal

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:50 PM

...I will send this box back when I get the new one because it does run hot even in standby.:nono2:

It runs very warm, even in "standby". The unit is not actually off. It is active and is only not outputting audio and video data when you turn it "off". It really isn't off.

#15 OFFLINE   Marino13

Marino13

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:42 PM

My H20 has been trying to download the upgrade for 2 days now and hasn't succeeded yet.:nono: It gets stuck in a loop that keeps showing errors.:mad: I haven't been able to use it for two days. I called D* 3 times today and got three different stories. It ends up they are going to send me a new unit. I am not happy about missing the rest of the Olympics:mad: :mad: :mad:

Looks like that AT9 is mounted on the side of your house. Any special mounting brackets?

#16 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:47 PM

After mine updated I got TNTHD channel (75) I never had this channel before last Tuesday at 9:02 am .check your favorites maybe this will help.

#17 OFFLINE   digibob

digibob

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:28 PM

Looks like that AT9 is mounted on the side of your house. Any special mounting brackets?

Just a side mounted bracket that looked like it came with the dish. I didn't do the install. Ironwood in Santa Rose did it. Both the dish mount and the side bracket are bolted to studs.

#18 OFFLINE   deraz

deraz

Daydreamer

• Gold Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:10 PM

I live in Warrenton and I have not had any audio/video problems with our local HD channels. I do notice on Discovery HD Theater there is an audio lag sometimes but not all the time.

theandies, welcome aboard from a fellow Warrentonian.

My family had gotten used to local news out of NYC. After getting the H20 upgrade, we quickly remembered how horrible the DC news is.
"But don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to."
Peter Green - Fleetwood Mac

#19 OFFLINE   rrbhokies

rrbhokies

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:42 PM

We essentially can't watch the D.C. Fox 5 local because of audio synch problems. Fortunately, we have the East Coast NY feed and like deraz, we're finding ourselves watching the NY news at 10PM which is better than the D.C. news.

God I hope they fix the audiosynch problems soon!!!

#20 OFFLINE   DaveTinNY

DaveTinNY

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:54 PM

Yeah, the audio sinch issues while watching American Idol for example drives us crazy! You have to change the channel to hopefully get it back in synch.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...